Sign in to follow this  

Finished Blue SM Conversion...Thanks guys !

I've been lurking around this board for while researching products, printing out how to's, etc. I've posted a few questions, but almost everything I needed to know I found through searching. So I just wanted to post a pic or two and thank Eddie and the others for their help !!

Had a blast riding the bike yesterday and can honestly say I'm having more fun on this thing than on my streetbike. An other TT'r once said "$1,200 rims/tires.....riding my blue SM, priceless" I totally agree.

100_0528.jpg

I got a great deal on this kit from Motostrano

100_0527.jpg

Another TT'r recommeded Otter Box for relocating tool box. Picked one up and also added a high strength Velcro strap to make sure it doesn't open while riding. It holds everytool the bag did except spark plug socket

100_0523.jpg

Read How To's for installing BD taillight and it came out looking great.

100_0522noplate.jpg

100_0520.jpg

Vapor Computer is on its way so I should be set until I decide to get dirt related parts (case savers, radiator guards, etc). No close places to go trail riding for me.

I had to kick out my second wife and put a third mortgage on the doublewide to get my SM setup... but the grin from ear to ear was worth every penny.

drzdrag.jpg

Vapor Computer is on its way so I should be set until I decide to get dirt related parts (case savers, radiator guards, etc). No close places to go trail riding for me.

Case savers arent necessarily DIRT/Trail items yes they do protect you from rocks and boulders and stuff but what happens when you drop yoru bike an a curb and send your levers right thru the side of that case :bonk: Just thinkin outside the box here as they can save you on the street as well :naughty: Rad gaurds would be questionable on a street only machine but still nice to have. just incase

Is that a 1000 or 2000-series Otterbox? Neat idea!

Looks good. Maybe you can post up the parts and other pics during the swap in your garage.

I had to kick out my second wife and put a third mortgage on the doublewide to get my SM setup... but the grin from ear to ear was worth every penny.

drzdrag.jpg

Nice Deal's Gap pic, Killboy?

Here is mine:

dLeftTwisty-1.jpg

congrats!!! I know the feeling, I finished my conversion this week and was able to do a test ride today... I went to my local canyon and trailed some street bikes through the canyon. It took the rear chick strip right off the tires, I was quite impressed with the ability to keep up with the big street bikes. I had heard how possible it was but wasn't a real believer until I did so.

I got a black and blue one, i'll post once I put the new graphics on...

Killboy?

I don't remember which one that came from, there are about 4 of them snapping pics now.

Here is another one.

drzlean.jpg

100_0527.jpg

what did the kit consist of? All of the SM conversion or just part?

Inquiring minds want to know!!

Looks great btw!:bonk:

Drewl...Thanks for the complement. It's an Otterbox 2000. The 2 latches that are on it are probably enough to keep it closed, but the velcro strap gives me peace of mind.

Ivanhoe....THe kit consists of Rotor and Caliper relocation Bracket. I got he wheels through another vendor. This is the full floating rotor and is on sale for $189 You can get the non-floating Evo rotor for even cheaper $150

This should help you http://www.motostrano.com/enbrakclut1.html

very nice! Gold hubs are sweet.

Get those case saver ASAP! I was warming up the bike to do my first oil change, practicing some fast stops in a parking lot and dropped the bike standing still. I was even able to ease it down a little and the shifter punched a small hole in my case, enough to leak oil! I had them sitting in the garage waiting to go on after the oil change too. I was able to JB weld it shut and it's been fine to this day with the case savers over them but file the back of your shifter and put some case savers on there!

I don't remember which one that came from, there are about 4 of them snapping pics now.

Here is another one.

drzlean.jpg

Yes, it's nice to have the selection of pics offered. Click for bigger one:

th_dside.jpg

I've been lurking around this board for while researching products, printing out how to's, etc. I've posted a few questions, but almost everything I needed to know I found through searching. So I just wanted to post a pic or two and thank Eddie and the others for their help !!

Had a blast riding the bike yesterday and can honestly say I'm having more fun on this thing than on my streetbike. An other TT'r once said "$1,200 rims/tires.....riding my blue SM, priceless" I totally agree.

100_0528.jpg

100_0527.jpg

Another TT'r recommeded Otter Box for relocating tool box. Picked one up and also added a high strength Velcro strap to make sure it doesn't open while riding. It holds everytool the bag did except spark plug socket

100_0523.jpg

Read How To's for installing BD taillight and it came out looking great.

100_0522noplate.jpg

100_0520.jpg

Nice ride, bro!!!

A word of caution:

Get those case savers ASAP! I got off my SM at a light to hit the crosswalk button, only to return to the bike falling over off its kickstand. the shifter poked a nice hole in the left side cover. Got to work before noticing the hole! Luckily it was only 2 miles and a slow leak.