Sign in to follow this  

Supercross Ashley Fiolek in Men's Motocross?

i thought this was interesting:excuseme:

here she is on a cr85 last june:

http://www.transworldmotocross.com/mx/slideshow/videos/0,27654,1081839_1202146,00.html

here is some more stuff about her:

http://www.transworldmotocross.com/mx/search?keywords=ashley+Fiolek

and hre is the article that i found that stated that she was deciding on racing the lites class outdoors:

http://www.transworldmotocross.com/mx/news/article/0,13190,1605691,00.html

How can one be "profoundly deaf"? &%$#@! does that mean?

Definitions of profoundly deaf on the Web:

totally deaf; unable to hear anything

wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

Thats pretty amazing that not only is she a girl who competes with the boys, but she is a deaf girl who competes with the boys.

I mean, how many of us could time our shifts correctly without being able to hear the engine? She must be a pretty exceptional kid. :bonk:

She is the James Stewart of female MX. I think she is going to change the sport. In a way I think being deaf helps her, she just keeps momentum(keeps her bike pulling) as opposed to hearing how "cool" the bike sounds. Some of "us" like to think we are making the bike sound cool, you know who I'm talking about, always riding a gear low and screaming it.

I read an article about her once. The article said that she knew when to shift based on the vibrations of the engine. They said it actually helped her especially on starts when it is difficult to hear with everyone elses bikes. They also said the she was very intune with how her bike was running & could usually tell right away when something was wrong based on the feel.

it must be scary if she is deaf and up front....she has to make sure to stick to her lines, and be aware who is in back of her...

I read an article about her once. The article said that she knew when to shift based on the vibrations of the engine. They said it actually helped her especially on starts when it is difficult to hear with everyone elses bikes. They also said the she was very intune with how her bike was running & could usually tell right away when something was wrong based on the feel.

That makes sense, she probably feels the vibration of the engine through the seat and thats how she knows when to shift.

Thats still pretty impressive though...:bonk:

it must be scary if she is deaf and up front....she has to make sure to stick to her lines, and be aware who is in back of her...

dude no1s ever in back of her she blows everyone away and never has to worry about ne1 even being close to her

wait a minute. I read somewhere that she doesn't turn 16 until october or something. April Fools maybe? I hate this holiday.

I cant evan imagine how many times she stalled out her smoker while she learned how to ride...

I wrote a paper for HS english on heros and people you looked up too. I chose a few female MX riders and she was one of them. Very interesting actually. Its almost a good thing to be deaf. You can't hear when anyone is behind. You only see the shadow, which means you don't make mistakes worrying about them passing you until they actually besome a threat and you can act accordingly. Oh yeah, and you can't hear anybody yelling at you either. Lol.

She is going pro this year this girl is amazing she was born profoundly Deaf and has won countless championships this is her new bike custom built for her by the Hoges in FL asly125a.jpg