Rebound adj. after heaver springs

Trickier than u think this one. You can only have rebound if their is compression to store the energy in the spring, which is then released in rebound. If you have heavier springs, then there will be LESS compression, which will mean less energy stored in the spring, which means actually LESS rebound.

To go to an extreme, if you had RIGID forks, there would be NO rebound. Be a bastard to ride,,,,,,,,, but no rebound from forks.

I just went from .40 to .47 springs in an XR and LESSENDED rebound by turning the adjuster OUT. Works very well indeed.

I agree with MRW.....I went from .47 to .54 fork springs and during my re-valve I added a 20 to the mid-valve rebound to help slow it down and this allowed me to remain in a neutral position on the reb. clickers and have room for adjustment.

Same on the shock...especially on the Honda Showa stuff they seem to valve the LSR on the light side. I had to add 4 more 40's to the LSR to slow it down for a 6.4 spring.

But in your situation as everyone state turn the clicker in will help slow down the greater force generated by the heavier springs..

theDogger

I agree with MRW.....I went from .47 to .54 fork springs and during my re-valve I added a 20 to the mid-valve rebound to help slow it down and this allowed me to remain in a neutral position on the reb. clickers and have room for adjustment.

Same on the shock...especially on the Honda Showa stuff they seem to valve the LSR on the light side. I had to add 4 more 40's to the LSR to slow it down for a 6.4 spring.

But in your situation as everyone state turn the clicker in will help slow down the greater force generated by the heavier springs..

theDogger

Correct-"O", no matter what-"O" as this is Fact-"O":applause:

Oh, and when you slow down the (light)LS rebound on the showa, the added spring rate automatically speeds up the (heavy)HS rebound and Bingo!!

You can now ride whoops as fast as you dare with no swapping:thumbsup: