motor question

So I am looking for a replacment motor for my 01 xr 50 and right now I have 2 choices. The first being a lifan 70 cc motor for $100. Otherwise I could buy a running 1969 z50 and take the motor out of that for $200. What is the difference between the old z 50 engines and the new xr/crf engines? Also how are the 70cc lifan engines? I know honda engines are uch stronger but I am not sure about this one being so old. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance guys!!!!

okay first of all whats wrong with your current motor is it fixed able with a simple bore kit or rebuild ? lifan motor from what i heard reliable yes but once it breaks not worth fixing and a runing z 50 for 200 dollars thats so a project bike right there and the z50 is the same engine as the crf 50 and xr 50, dude the fifty engine stock is simple to rebuild if it runs fine just simple matiences check oil level replaces piston and adjust vavles and it good if anything go with the honda its the best

The '69 Z50A engine is a 6V points-type ignition engine, and will not work with the CRF/XR 12V CDI electrical system. You would have to use the Z wiring harness on your CRF/XR frame. You would not be able to swap out the stator/flywheels, the crankshaft tapers are not the same.

Well it is actuallu a sikk 107 engine in the bike right now and it is the transmission that is the problem. First and second gear went out on it. Could this possibly be an easy fix? I don't know how it happened unfortunatley because my "friend" was borrowing it at the time and who knows what he did to it!

the sikk engines are known for that and thats why there so cheap. there only 150 on ebay for and sdg(same engine type i think), and you could throw all you stuff onto the new motor.

im not 100% sure what the problem is, but i think its fixable with a shift star from a trx90 or something along those lines. correct me if im wrong, id say join planet minis and ask there.