SDG tall seat fit issues?

no instructions came with my seat, so i do assume it bolts right on. even after a little trimming and filing i cant get the seat to fit right, it seems like it was made for another bike, everything looks on spec, its 3/8th back from lining up with the bolt holes, and this is after cramming it forward. and even if i can get it forward enough it seems to leave nearly 3/4th inch gap from my rear fender to the rear edge of the seat. the center latch is realy the stiff point, theres to much pressure to fit it, the stock seat bolts on and off flawlessly.

i was just wondering how crazy i am, underneath the seat says SDG-m114

maby this well tell me the truth, thanks

If this is for an 02-04 CRF, you will need to do quite a bit of trimming on the sides of the plastic hook to get it to slide forward properly. The plastic hook is wider than the slot in the subframe and that's why it won't slide all the way forward.

Those SDG's always fit like dog crap. Damn near everyone i know that has one had to modify it in one way or another. The really strange thing is that one seat will fit different than another even though they are the same part number and on the same bike. it's like they are made in different factories.

My sdg step seat fell apart first ride so I sent it back! The second one has the two rear mounts attatched to the seat with bolts not rivits. The bolts and the nuts where to long and touched my rear fender. I now have holes on my fender on each side below the mounts from the bolts/nuts. A quality product that I wouldn't fart for.

I'm on my 2nd SDG seat for a 2nd bike. They're a tight fit at first, but they do fit. That said, I'm surprised the company doesn't make them fit perfectly from the get-go. Not like they're inventing something new here. All they have to do is make an exact copy of an existing product.

Every bike you've ever owned? When did you start riding?

For an approximate date, please refer to my TT sign-on date. However, don't let the time frame serve as an indication of skill. Have purchased (4) bikes in that time.

Edit: I run the same gear on every bike... so (4) SDG complete, (4) RG3 triples, (4) sets of ASV C5s, etc.

I dont think that they make a SDG Step Seat for the 02-04 crf450's. i looked for mine, and couldnt find one anywhere.

They don't seem to make a step version, but they make the replacement model. At least according to the catalog I have.