crf450x street legal.... (pertaining to MICHIGAN)

Hi I was wondering if anyone here has a CRF450x street legal in Michigan preferably or any state close. I am in Wisconsin and here you can't get a new title or plate because of a little sticker that says not for highway use but i hear a lot about Michigan and how they title it and then you transfer the title to Wisconsin and you are good to go. My plan is to plate one this summmer and get rid of my drz400s because the 450 would be way too much fun on the streets to pass up!

I have a titled '06 450X here in Michigan. I was able to fast track the approval process by having a Michigan cop in the family who was able to sign off on a form you pick up at the secretary of state or you can download from their website. I took the signed form to the Secretary of State with proof of no fault insurance and after about 45 minutes, they issued a new title for my bike along with the plate. All this cost about 45 bucks for title and registration for 18 months.To do it legally and to the letter of the law, you will need DOT tires, a horn (squeeky kids bike type is OK), brake light (you can order a switch for the rear master cylinder and the dual function tail/brake light (it's a direct replacement for stock as far as I know). Here's the link to the form and the requirements. I do not believe all on the form are required, you will need to talk to the Sec. of State for sure.

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/TR-54_38480_7.pdf

It's great having the plate. I can bust down the paved road to the trails from our cabin without fear of the police and great for jumping trail system to trail system without being hassled. Also good for running up town to get a loaf of bread for the family. Not so good for doing weekly grocery shopping

can i file this myself if i live in wisconsin or do i need a fellow michigan resident to file it for me? wont i have to have someone do this for me and then have them "sell" me the bike

thanks for your help!

• 1 month later...

55mph... around 4-5000 rpm not exactly sure. the supermoto setup probally decreases mileage because of the huge tires, but they do smooth out the ride. As far as 55mph with stock gearing... well you better be ready for some high rpms because with the stock gearing i hit 70.4 mph and that was all the farther i was going to rev it out. there is no way that i would take the stock gearing down the highway (65+)

I have an '06 crf450x that is all supermoto. I have an "R" cam, Yoshi Ti exhaust system, jetting and My bike will do 95+ on the freeway with more to go. I weigh 245LBS and I have no idea what kind of mileage I get. It's a blast though, that's for sure!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'd love to get a 450x and make it street legal, and even supermoto. What does running these bikes on the road do for its longevity? I'm not talkign about 10kmi a year, but highway runs and around town, thats gotta be taking years off these engines lives since they were not designed for running like this? Especially only having .7L of oil in each case...