Sign in to follow this  

Do most have theft insurance on the DRZ?

All,

Looking more carefully at my insurance coverage paperwork, I noticed that my bike is covered fully if I total it, but is not covered at all if it is stolen.

Do most of you have theft as part of your bike coverage, or do you take out a seperate theft policy?

The company I run my bike insurance through charges me +/- $650 a year.

Thanks,

Bill

I don't have collision but theft is covered for me. Its only like $200 a year too.

not a month goes by with out reading about a stolen bike on here... mine is locked in a garage, locked inside my compound and guarded by 2 big ass dogs... you would be a fool to try and steal my bike, however, the world is full of foolish people... its also not fun to just leave it locked up, hence the coverage.

mine is 150 a year, min coverage with theft sans collision, in los angeles

I have full coverage that includes a rider for any mods. The cost is tiny, under $150/year. But I live in the middle of nowhere. I have had bikes stolen in the past when I lived just outside of NYC.

Wow,

I have rider insurance in NJ. They said they wouldn't cover a bike under 450cc's!!!

I'm curious if that's state wide or just through my provider? Anyone in NJ with theft coverage?

Wow,

I have rider insurance in NJ. They said they wouldn't cover a bike under 450cc's!!!

I'm curious if that's state wide or just through my provider? Anyone in NJ with theft coverage?

I have Rider. The do not cover collision on Duel Sports. So if you financed you can't use them.

Wow,

sounds like its time for a bigbore stroker just for the ins coverage :bonk:

In Cali here. I have AAA and the offerer FULL coverage, theft, non insured motorist, etc, etc, etc. In my blanket coverage (truck, car, travel trailer, etc) it runs me and additional $250 a year.

I use StateFarm. Full coverage on my street legal 2003 WR450. Comp/Collision. $20 bucks per month

I have liability, comp, and theft thru Progressive for $75 a year. Includes $1000 accessory coverage. $100 deductible.

I don't have collision but theft is covered for me. Its only like $200 a year too.

+1 it was $40 more per year and included both bikes.