Sign in to follow this  

advice for a youngster

alright. im young a little inpatient and want a dirtbike now. my parents made it seem like i was getting a spanking new yz 250f this weekend about two months ago. i worked my butt off and when the grades came, i was happy with them. now my dad tells me that hell give me 2,000 dollars for now, ill get 2,000 for the blaster and he will give me 2,000 next semester. im kinda pissed, cause i cant do a thing with the money for something new. so i was thinging mabe get a nice used 125. do you think tis is a good idea? i ride mostly track and some trails, and any help is apriciated!!

You are going to end up with $6000 and you are looking for a used 125?

Wait til you get all the cash and buy new. Take good care of it and it will last a lot longer than a "nice used" 125.

You are going to end up with $6000 and you are looking for a used 125?

no no no, in the end when i get 6,000 i will get a 250f or i can get a used 125 now and buy a new 250f in 8 months

no no no, in the end when i get 6,000 i will get a 250f or i can get a used 125 now and buy a new 250f in 8 months

If you really want a 250f wait. Cause unless your area is hot for 125's you might have to wait longer. Then it might sell for less and then you cannot afford a 250f.

I'm kind of in the same boat. I sold my 2005 YZ250F because it was pretty clapped out (racing a 4-stroke for more than a year gets VERY expensive). I sold it for $3,000, but since my parents bought it.. they kept the money. It kind of sucked because my intention in selling was to put atleast some of it towards another bike... but I wouldn't complain.. they bought it for me in the first place. Now I'm almost 19 and getting ready for college. I've saved up $2,000 since Christmas from a part time job. Luckily I found a nice 2005 YZ250 with only 10 hours or so on it for $2,800. Parents will help cover for the rest.. :worthy:

Be thankful your parents are helping you though, be patient. Most people don't get money handed to them for a new bike. Once you start having to pay for everything you'll appreciate it a whole lot more. :thumbsup:

first of all , wow how can u say ur pissed when ur parents gave u 2 grand and another 2 . Im 15 and ive had to buy every bike ive ever onwed out of my own money by working hard at a real job not school. but the yz125 was my best bike yet mostly the power combined with easy staring and maintnence i can smoke my friends 04 rmz250 in drags race whatever .

Yah , stop complaing you only get 2 grand here and there. I only 15 and i have to pay for every lick of gas,oil,race fees and my whole bike. That means working everyday after school and all weekend and i still have to pull in straight A's. THEN you can complain. Im not trying to rag on you or anything, just be appreciative of what you got and go out and buy a nice used bike or wait and get a spankity new one.

dude, think about - in a few months, you'll end up with 6,000 bucks, the new '08 YZ 250F will be out, and then you'll be one happy SOB!!! It must be nice, i'm 17 and workin more hours every week than i go to school, and my parents won't hand me a dollar for even a used bike...be very thankful... good luck with the whole new bike/used bike thang...

thanks guys for all the help. im not complaining at all, im really thatnkfull, im just saying its hard whenu expect something and then u dont get it and u end up having to wait an other 2 months. and i have nothing to ride right now, i havent rode for 6 weeks, so its reallllllly killing me.