Help!!!!!!

OK guys I'm in a bind. My cycle went out on me in a remote location thus I had to hide the bike until I get parts to repair it. My buddies think the carb is jacked, no fuel getting to the engine. The bike is a Yamaha 2002 YZ426. I need to buy a rebult carb for my bike. Any links would be a great help thank you!!!!!

Wait...?

Your bike is just sitting out in the middle of now where? And your gonna go out there and fix it when you get the parts?

Yeah. The bike is in a canyon there is no ther way to get the bike out. My buddies will get me close and I will have to hike but I think we can get it running good enough to get it back to the truck. The problem was we ran out of sunlight and did not have the tools we needed thus I had to hide the bike. We have gps cordinates to locate the bike again I just need to get parts asap.

OK guys I'm in a bind. My cycle went out on me in a remote location thus I had to hide the bike until I get parts to repair it. My buddies think the carb is jacked, no fuel getting to the engine. The bike is a Yamaha 2002 YZ426. I need to buy a rebult carb for my bike. Any links would be a great help thank you!!!!!

I would have pushed the bike before I even though of leaving it behind. Don't expect to see it there when you return.

I would have pushed the bike before I even though of leaving it behind. Don't expect to see it there when you return.

We tried with 4 guys. We have to get it running. Trust me if its gets found and taken then they deserve the bike. Its in an extreme remote location hidden in deep bramble bush.

Geez you morons are a big help to this guy...

Dude,,, no fuel ? ,, did you check the float bowel,,,, all the obvious stuf ?? as in the petcock filter in the the tank,, etc... ?

Walk it backwards from the tank, to the float bowel to a clog main jet etc... bring tools and a compressed air tank, filled to the max with a nozzle to try to blow ne crap out of the carb.

good luck and im sorry you got so many dickheads giving you lectures,,

peace

Thank you I know tyhere are some great and not so great people in this forum. I figured i would be patient and wait for the right poster to reply. Thank you for the input. ?

Lucien.....any number of things could be causing your bike to have quit. We need a little more info to help armchair diagnose the problem. Did the bike quit suddenly? Did it seem to bog down before quitting? etc.

As for the less than helpful posts go, most folks would only leave their bike as an absolute last resort, then their first priority would be to retreive it and then fix it once recovered. Only you can make the determination if stashing it will be o.k.

I separated my shoulder and had to leave a bike in the woods for a weekend. Don't worry too much about it. When is the last time you went off trail looking for a stranded bike? Neither has anyone else, and what are the chances THEY'LL have the carb parts to fix it. Good luck on the carb. As a last resort, in addition to taking in parts, you might see if your dealership will sell you a brand new unit and let you return it for a restocking fee if you don't end up using it. Given your situation, the cost of a new carb is surely less than an entire bike!

ck all the obvious things:

Are you getting spark? Pull the plug and kick the bike over to see if there is an arc

Do you have compression? Is it as hard to kick over now as it was before?

Are you getting gas?

Since you think you are not getting gas, just bring a can of carb cleaner and some compressed air if you can. Pull the carb and remove and clean the jets with the carb cleaner and then blow them out. Put it back together and give her a kick. You shouldn't need a rebuilt carb. 90% of the time, it will just be a clogged jet. While you have the fuel line disconnected from the carb, turn the petcock on to make sure gas is getting to the carb. BTW, when was the last time you adjusted the valves? Tight valves can make a bike difficult to start. If the bike is in So Cal and you can't get it running yourself, I know a guy that is a mechanic that will do it for you. It will cost you though. Good luck!

ck all the obvious things:

Are you getting spark? Pull the plug and kick the bike over to see if there is an arc

Do you have compression? Is it as hard to kick over now as it was before?

Are you getting gas?

Since you think you are not getting gas, just bring a can of carb cleaner and some compressed air if you can. Pull the carb and remove and clean the jets with the carb cleaner and then blow them out. Put it back together and give her a kick. You shouldn't need a rebuilt carb. 90% of the time, it will just be a clogged jet. While you have the fuel line disconnected from the carb, turn the petcock on to make sure gas is getting to the carb. BTW, when was the last time you adjusted the valves? Tight valves can make a bike difficult to start. If the bike is in So Cal and you can't get it running yourself, I know a guy that is a mechanic that will do it for you. It will cost you though. Good luck!

We did not check for spark we will when we go out there. the compression is fine the bike bogged down then quit. The gas line is fine when we unhooked it gas was flowing from the tank normally. I will bring out a card ,spark plug and filter. Hopfully the electrical is ok if not I will have to make 2 trips. If you guys have links to good places for rebuilt cards that would be helpful. i appriciate all the good feed back you guya are providing. These are the best forums on the net in my opinion.

Seems a bit extreme to have to change the carb. Like SoCa DRZ said take out a can of carb cleaner and two or three of thos esmall cans of compressed air that you can buy, give the jets a good cleaning. Sounds more like a bad plug or clogged jet to me. Good luck.

Ok, I'm curious now..What was the problem?? I've had a similar experience and my bike quit about a half hour from camp in FL.. turns out it was a clogged jet. I had to walk it out.?

Part clogged jet with a dose of vapor lock.