moving to africa DRZ400s wr450f or something else???

HI I grew up in Ethiopia and am returning there this coming fall to live and work as a missionary. I want to take a bike out there with me. I am trying to decide what bike to take. I will be doing some traveling. It will be 99% dirt road riding. I have been thinking about the drz400s or the wr450f. I would need to get something that is street legal. so I would have to find a wr450 with a kit on it. I want something that is reliable but still fun to play on. I have a wr250f now and love it but I think I need something bigger. I would love to hear any advice that anyone may have. Or if anyone has a bike for sale that may be a good one for me. I am looking for a bike around 3500 dollars. I am currently located in atlanta. Please, any help would be greatly apreciated.

Does anyone want to trade for a 2002 WR250f??

• 2 weeks later...

If you can get to Michigan, there was an ad recently on the Detroit Craigslist from a guy wanted to trade his street legal WR450 for a yz250. I'm not sure why... but could be the trade for you.

I'm pretty sure both these ads are his:

http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcy/305935157.html

http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcy/305020429.html

otherwise, seems like WRs come up on ebay relatively frequently.

• 4 months later...

well I have got my bike. and I am all ready to go. i will start building a crate shortly. I bought a 2003 DRZ400S totally stock with 4000 miles on it. I got it for 2500. I have now done everything that I think I need to it.

here is a list

clarke tank

aluminium radiator guards

new brakes

d flex hand guards

edge tail light

Kick start kit

lowering link

aluminium rear rack

new terra flex for the rear ( not installed)

new kenda trackmaster for the front

yoshi full system

skip plate

new chain and sprockets

I think that is about it. Plese let me know if you have any more recommendations. Any advice would be apreciated.