Sign in to follow this  

What's this worth? 2001 CR250

Here's a bike I'm looking at buying. It's an 01 model. The guy wants $1800 and it appears to be in really good shape. No mods except for the pipe and silencer.

Thanks

100_0707.jpg

Other than that shroud it looks good. If the shroud is mangled there check to make sure the radiator is not tweaked to far out of wack. Then buy it.

Good price, good bike. Buy it.

I don't think there's anything tweaked on the shroud. Looks like a reflection.

id buy it

my radiator got tweaked the same way..just makes it alittle difficult to reinstall once u take the shroud off..doesnt affect cooling properties at all

I think it's a reflection in that pic but I'll look it over. I'm pretty sure I'll be putting a new top end in it soon as the guy claims "the motors never been opened up." I'm going to look at it Sunday. I'll probably pick it up if it checks out ok. Thanks again.

100_0706.jpg

I paid $2,200 for my 01 about 6 months ago and that one looks to be in better shape than mine....although mine has a few mods.

Market prices vary a lot, but that bike looks like a clean, low-hour, unmolested original; just the kind I like to buy. Based on looks only, $1,800 would be a very good deal. You should still go through a thorough bearing, frame, wheel check.... Etc.

i paid 22 for my 01 cr250 on valentines day...was piped jetted right, sprokets, and diff carb baught from a dealer so i know it was looked over a trusted dealer too so, so yea id say buy that asap before someone else does

I agree, the bike appears to be very clean and is a good deal. Just check the usual used bike stuff (wheels, swingarm, frame etc.)

$1800 for a 01 CR250? Wow, you guys have really, really low prices where you live. Here in Northern Cali where I'm at, 01 go for about $2800, and 02's go for about $3200.

Shoot, I sold my 00 CR125 last year for $2800 :thumbsup:

Same here in Connecticut. Bikes hold there value, especially if they are super clean.

Thats a bitchen deal. In CA you cannot find one that clean for anywhere near $1800. My buddy paid $2300 for his and thats on the cheap side for this state. Green stickered CRs are like gold around here :thumbsup:

I,just sold my 2001 CR250 for $2,000

so i think thats a good price.

It looks good .

Agreed with the above, looks like a good deal.....