What Size For a 250?

I'm going the dunes for my first time on a dirt bike (2001 CR250)...I'm a pretty good rider on dirt but this will be my first time on the dunes. My question is, what size paddle tire should I get? One store I went to said that I should run a 6 or an 8 paddle because a 10 would be too much for my bike to pull :worthy: . However, my mechanic (who's opinion I trust a lot more) said with my weight (140 lbs) that I could easily run an 8 or even a 10. I was hoping to get a 10 but it seems like most use an 8...so with my weight (145 lbs) and my bike (01 CR250) what paddle do you guys think I should be running?

This question is totally unrelated to this thread...but I also want to check my compression before I leave and just picked up a compression tester. Is there anyone out there who knows the specs on how much compression (PSI) my bike should have in the top end? ?

I know nothing about paddle tires, but anything over 175 psi after 15 kicks, with the throttle WOT and the engine warm is probably good. Anything less than 160 probably means top end time.

Ok...but what does WOT mean? And when you say 15 kicks, you mean 15 full kicks...not just slowly turning the piston over 15 times?

Thanks

I also forgot to mention that I've already got

-dune flag

-flag mount

-filterskin for my airfilter

-will be jetting my bike tomorrow

-fork savers (to keep sand from getting in my seals)

-cut mud flap to prevent a paddle from ripping it off

Anything else I should get?

Go with the 8-cup paddle made by Kings. It has the fins on the sides and is a lot better than the Cheng Shin tires in my opinion. Dont try and run a 10 cup paddle either. The only bike I have ever liked a 10 cup on was a 525. I have an 04 CR250 ported, polished, milled head, pipe, reeds, and jetted right and she cant be beat with the 8cup on there. The ten cup wont allow the bike to rev out quick enough and wont be near as good. 6 cup tires are meant for 125s and 250Fs so dont run one on your 250.

Ok...I'm pretty sure I'm getting the eight now, but am still open for opinions. And can anyone else describe how to check check my top end...I already have the compression tester. Do I just kick it over 15 full kicks and then see what the compression is at?

Ok...I'm pretty sure I'm getting the eight now, but am still open for opinions. And can anyone else describe how to check check my top end...I already have the compression tester. Do I just kick it over 15 full kicks and then see what the compression is at?
Warm the engine for 3 - 5 minutes, install tester (using grease on the o-ring for a good seal), hold the throttle wide open, kick it over like you're trying to start it 15 times, read the pressure gauge. You should probably release the pressure and repeat the process a few times to make sure your measurement is consistent. If you hear any "squeeking" near the cylinder head, you may not have a good seal at the plug hole.