Sign in to follow this  

ESPN SX coverage SUCKS

LOL, well, I've recorded houston twice, and then, last night, I was all pumped up to see the next round, and LO! It's HOUSTON AGAIN!!! Like the 4th time it's been aired!!

I agree with this subject, that is for sure! I wish the Canadian outdoor mx races were still covered. I enjoyed them far more than the current supercross coverage.

It looks like ESPN could give a rats ass about motorsports in general. They let NASCAR slip away, and now RPM tonight can't even get in the gate to do an interview. All their interviews are done outside the track. There is no live motorcycle racing at all. But there is plenty of womens collegiate sports coverage that nobody cares about except for the friends and families of the participants. Are they forced to show that stuff so they can show the mens stuff also? Or is it some corporate political correctness? Do the ahole corporate media honchos in NYC think that only poor toothless white trash are interested in racing? Even if that were the case it would still be more people than those interested in any womens collegiate sport :) (yawn)

If my satelite provider offered a "SX Season Ticket" like they do for all the stick and ball sports I would sign up. I wouldn't like the fact that I had to, but I still would do it. What the hell else is there to do on Saturday night after your done getting ready for Sunday's ride?

Gotta go, the Big East Cheerleader Finals are about to start on The Deuce and my TIVO is all full up from the 'Final Bore'.

I agree. In Hawaii the supercross comes on at 7:00AM. I woke up early this weekend to watch it and it wasn't there. Lack of sleep due to ESPN's lack of coverage. :)

since we're complaining about the espn coverage... how about getting rid of that dunderhead Art Eckman?

i cant stand how he's always interupting David Bailey. on top of that, he's always interupting when David Bailey is saying something interesting and Art's statement is stupid, just stupid!!

why is it the stupid camera man always shows the scrubb who fell over in the first turn?? forget the battle for the lead and the holeshot, they stay on #916 for a good 25 seconds so art eckman can look up the number of the local racer.

whew, i feel better now... bye bye.

Yeah, they do suck. I was getting pissed Sunday when I saw the Houston 125's on instead of St. Louis 250's, thank goodness the correct show did come on right after it.

But actually, they are much better now than they used to be. I have on tape every race since 1994, and getting some of those required staying up late nights just hoping they would play the show they were supposed to have on a day earlier. For a few years they never had the shows on when they were listed and I would just leave ESPN2 on all weekend with a tape ready for whenever they put it on, which was occasionally 3am on Monday. My wife just loooved keeping an eye on the TV stuck on ESPN2 Sundays while I was riding! But she is definitely up on the whole 'Big East Cheerleaders Finals' now and tells me LSU looks strong for '02! :)

I agree, David Bailey rocks. You can just sense that whan eckman goes on his rampage(and he always does) that bailey is biting his lip. Bailey speeks like a teacher of the sport with seat of the pants experence .

I can't believe that I have to wait 'till the following Sunday to watch a race. Sometimes they don't even show the right race. Clearchannel sucks.

It always has and ALWAYS WILL STINK!!

They do a great job of showing the first three or four rounds, the week after the race, at 12:00 noon and 1:00 pm.

Then, all the sudden, they split 250's and 125 air times, then it's different days, then you don't know when it comes on!! I've seen Houson 4 times now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buy a TiVo! I bought a Tivo recorder just to record supercross. You tell the Tivo to record a season pass and it dials in to know the times and channels for supercross or any motorcycle racing. I never miss a supercross showing now.

Tivo is the way to go - I have not missed a race this year because of it - and your right every year ESPN drops the ball about this time of year and in years past I'd always end up missing a race or two at the end of the year - they need to get their s#!t together.

But come on you guy's whining about the actual coverage - I remember when the only thing televised was the USGP at Carlsbad and they showed that 6 or 7 months after the race. It's only been a couple of years ago that we found out there would only be a one week delay and even with that I can see the race before I read about it in CN.

Back to Carlsbad- we had the biggest nerd racer ever to hold a mike Sam Posey talkin about KNOB BLY tires - now it's David Bailey- quite possibly the best motor racing commentator of any form.

We owe ESPN a lot, they just need to stop treating us like second class.

ESPN blows. I had to wait until 11:30 pm for the race to come on Sunday night while during the day they're like showing dog shows or spelling bees or some crap like that. Its complete and utter B/S!

[ April 16, 2002: Message edited by: RedRider110 ]

i say saturday night during "prime time" or saturday afternoon would be the best times for them and for them to stick to always. isnt there SOMETHING we can do to tell 'em how we feel? :)

Gp to their web-site and thank them for coming out of their cave and finally showing motorcycles races. But let them know it's clear they still don't know their butt from a hole in the ground when it comes to motorcycles races. They will wake up if and only when we shake them hard enough.

Mike Palmer

has anyone ever realized that on all motorsports coverage there is one guy who "knows" everything about the sport and the other guy freaks out when the guy in 29th goes down?

I agree,I got sick and tired of the guessing game on witch race is going to be on,so I go to tvguide.com/tv listings/serch then click on each listing,you can find out what race is on and at what time.