Sign in to follow this  

2007 Desert 100 Pics Thread

Yes I was wearing knee pads not sure if got pushed out of the way or if it got crushed. I have not made it to my trailer to take a look yet. Rod

Yes I was wearing knee pads not sure if got pushed out of the way or if it got crushed. I have not made it to my trailer to take a look yet. Rod

I'm dying to hear the story and see the bike:eek:

Rod, Not sure if Id rather have two sprained wrists or what you've got there... Looks like its a little painful... Way to finish tough guy :thumbsup:

You're one tuff mo fo dude! Way to gut it out to the finish! :thumbsup:

OUCH! Know the feeling - did the same thing, but just a inch or so lower - even cooler seein my exposed knee cap!

Congrats on finishin and finishin' that beer too!

That beer sure tasted good! Yeah not feeling the best right now but I had fun I was able to finish the race about 65 or 70 miles with a bum knee and messing around for about 20 minutes trying to hammer my rear sprocket with rocks so my tire could turn. I bent it back a little bit but not much. I was prepared to take another trip over the bars if it locked up I do not know how it made it but I guess I used up all of my bad luck earlier. 28 stitches and 14 staples and a night in the hospital not sure if it was worth it but I did not want to quit. Better luck next year. I think I finished 9th in the open not sure about overall.

What the hell Happened?

9th over all after have to beat on your bike for 20 minutes:eek:

Does everyone crash or something:ride:

Heal up dude.

Where it the course? Does it follow the Iron man poker run at all?

I'm 42, what class would that put me in?

I think, I'm going to do it next year.

What the hell Happened?

9th over all after have to beat on your bike for 20 minutes:eek:

Does everyone crash or something:ride:

Heal up dude.

Where it the course? Does it follow the Iron man poker run at all?

I'm 42, what class would that put me in?

I think, I'm going to do it next year.

The course follows some of the ironman course.

and that puts you in oldtimers :thumbsup:

Here's my photo after the race. I was out cold for a few minutes but then a check point guy picked me up and got me safely back. I can't say I finished the race after that but since it took a while to realize it was Sunday and I was in a race.....well.

Thanks Stumpjumpers for the great event. Thanks Don "crash" Larson for helping me through the girls trail next to the river!

needingafacialMedium.jpg

Here's my photo after the race. I was out cold for a few minutes but then a check point guy picked me up and got me safely back. I can't say I finished the race after that but since it took a while to realize it was Sunday and I was in a race.....well.

Thanks Stumpjumpers for the great event. Thanks Don "crash" Larson for helping me through the girls trail next to the river!

needingafacialMedium.jpg

Chuck - Glad you eneded up OK, I'm actually chuckling a little bit about it now... Skinners wife said she signed you guys up and Web was pretty lit :thumbsup:

It was really cool to see you out there riding, albeit on a Husky :worthy:

Yep, but even after a front flat about mile 20 Weber was 59th or 60th when he hit the pits. Man that guy is fast for a 48 year old!

What happened?

Face plant or did someone kick up a rock on you??

Glad to see you are ok.

needingafacialMedium.jpg

Face plant, I guess. The black eye results from general trauma to the left side of my head. I didn't contact anything through my helmet, just the force of hitting the ground on my left side. I was 6th gear across a field to get around someone and just after cutting back in I bobbled a small rock that knocked me into a much larger and more stationary rock. Hanlebars locked left and I was slapped to the ground. Moderate concussion, some deep tissue bruises on my left thigh, sprained neck, and some cuts from my safety glasses. Thursday now and I'm back at work and soaking up the muscle relaxants and anti-inflamatories. My Fly-lite helmet has a nice chunk out of the left side at about the temple so I'm sure that's where I smacked. Good excuse to get a new helmet.

Face plant, I guess...Hanlebars locked left and I was slapped to the ground. Moderate concussion, some deep tissue bruises on my left thigh, sprained neck, and some cuts from my safety glasses.

I saw you go down and was the one who helped you. I was going to ride on but you were not moving and in a rag-doll position. Big swaps just before you launched. Finally getting you to sit up, you pulled your helmet off and said you were okay so I was off to try to catch the dozen riders that passed while we were playing the "who's the president" game together. Glad to hear you are ambulatory.:thumbsup:

Face plant, I guess. The black eye results from general trauma to the left side of my head. I didn't contact anything through my helmet, just the force of hitting the ground on my left side. I was 6th gear across a field to get around someone and just after cutting back in I bobbled a small rock that knocked me into a much larger and more stationary rock. Hanlebars locked left and I was slapped to the ground. Moderate concussion, some deep tissue bruises on my left thigh, sprained neck, and some cuts from my safety glasses. Thursday now and I'm back at work and soaking up the muscle relaxants and anti-inflamatories. My Fly-lite helmet has a nice chunk out of the left side at about the temple so I'm sure that's where I smacked. Good excuse to get a new helmet.

wow you're lucky. i know someone who did that in the '04 race. broke his helmet, completely busted his face. luckily he is ok and after many surgerys he is finally looking a bit like himself again.

glad to see you're alright:thumbsup:

I was a member of the Stumpjumpers in 2004 and the first sweep rider on the scene with that guy. Stayed with him till the chopper took him. I saw a photo of him at a meeting the following month, he was pretty banged up. I remember looking through his tool pack for ID after he was being taken care of by the medics and the only thing I found was a leaky Budweiser.

yep, thats my dads friend. Brian Mainard,(not sure about spelling). he is one tough person. he's still pretty darn fast though. they got him pretty patched up now. any idea what place he was when it happened at all?

yep, thats my dads friend. Brian Mainard,(not sure about spelling). he is one tough person. he's still pretty darn fast though. they got him pretty patched up now. any idea what place he was when it happened at all?

You know Mainard??? He is one fast guy. He has messed up vision and all sorts of problems from that wreck, but still rails in the woods.

Who is your old man?

You must know the Rudy's???

You know Mainard??? He is one fast guy. He has messed up vision and all sorts of problems from that wreck, but still rails in the woods.

Who is your old man?

You must know the Rudy's???

yep i know the rudy's. my dad is Ed Yochum. I'm his son kevin.