Sign in to follow this  

2007 Desert 100 Pics Thread

Hey All,

It was my first time at the Desert 100 and I had a BLAST. Let's start an official 2007 Desert 100 pics thread!

I can't wait until next year :thumbsup:

Ride safe.

jmetteer thanks for the pics. You got one of me and my GF going through the little muddy area. I'm on the ktm with the red jacket and she's #4 riding the kx100. I thought I saw someone taking pictures. Thanks again.:thumbsup:

jmetteer thanks for the pics. You got one of me and my GF going through the little muddy area. I'm on the ktm with the red jacket and she's #4 riding the kx100. I thought I saw someone taking pictures. Thanks again.:worthy:

Thanks, I had some time to take pictures while helping out the wife. It was her first event of any kind, she was a tad overwhelmed but did really well. It is cool to put a rider with a screen name.:thumbsup:

144553792-M.jpg

144645408-M-1.jpg

Later,

This is my daughter Briana who raced her first ever race in the mini's. She finished 40th of 47, but also got the youngest racer of the weekend award. These are the pictures that will surely brighten the mood of the weekend.:thumbsup:Brianaandhertrophy.jpg

This is my daughter Briana who raced her first ever race in the mini's. She finished 40th of 47, but also got the youngest racer of the weekend award. These are the pictures that will surely brighten the mood of the weekend.:thumbsup:Brianaandhertrophy.jpg

I remember her getting a free pair of girls fox pants!

i actually swept the kids races and i followed a 4 year old on a ttr 50 for the last half of his lap. he had a broken front fender, no gloves and i picked him and his bike up around 15 times. and he crashed hard. i felt so bad for him having to deal with the rocks and hard dirt with no gloves. he was the last rider in but he had alot of heart.

Well, I dont know if anyone else saw it, but as soon as my grandson came in (KTM 65, first group 9-12) and got in line, I held the bike for him so he could walk around and rest and stretch. I know he was beat. Well, he walks about 30 feet into the grassy feild, back towards the crowd and proceeds to go "pee". I couldnt beleive what I was seeing. I know hundreds must have seen it. I pretended like I didnt see him to save me some embarassment, but I guess if ya gotta go, ya gotta go! Looking back, it was kinda funny, but at the time...

Heres one of the only pics I got.

foot002nc9.jpg

Thats one pretty foot there:bonk:

:thumbsup: That is one of the Nastiest toe nails I have EVER seen... nice job!

That beer sure tasted good! Yeah not feeling the best right now but I had fun I was able to finish the race about 65 or 70 miles with a bum knee and messing around for about 20 minutes trying to hammer my rear sprocket with rocks so my tire could turn. I bent it back a little bit but not much. I was prepared to take another trip over the bars if it locked up I do not know how it made it but I guess I used up all of my bad luck earlier. 28 stitches and 14 staples and a night in the hospital not sure if it was worth it but I did not want to quit. Better luck next year. I think I finished 9th in the open not sure about overall.

Here is one of RODKTM He finished the race! :worthy: You should see the bike. I'll let him tell you what happened. I'll bet the beer tasted pretty good about then.

Caution.....Not for the squeamish or weak stomachs! :ride:

http://216.165.194.66/ktmtalk/photogallery/galleries/members/ACFB1.jpg

Holy :thumbsup: !! I had just purchased some MSR knee/shin guards that come up about 4" over the knee and wore them for the first time on Saturday...right about now I'm thinking that is the best $29.99 I have ever spent.

That beer sure tasted good! Yeah not feeling the best right now but I had fun I was able to finish the race about 65 or 70 miles with a bum knee and messing around for about 20 minutes trying to hammer my rear sprocket with rocks so my tire could turn. I bent it a little bit but not much I was prepared to take another trip over the bars if it locked up I do not know how it made it but I guess I used up all of my bad luck earlier. 28 stitches and 14 stpaples and a night in the hospital not sure if it was worth it but I did not want to quit. Better luck next year. I think I finished 9th in the open not sure about overall.

I was in the pits and seen you go by the first time......rear fender gone. The second time no rear fender or front fender from what I could see. :worthy: Must have been quite the ride. :thumbsup:

TONY

That beer sure tasted good! Yeah not feeling the best right now but I had fun I was able to finish the race about 65 or 70 miles with a bum knee and messing around for about 20 minutes trying to hammer my rear sprocket with rocks so my tire could turn. I bent it a little bit but not much I was prepared to take another trip over the bars if it locked up I do not know how it made it but I guess I used up all of my bad luck earlier. 28 stitches and 14 stpaples and a night in the hospital not sure if it was worth it but I did not want to quit. Better luck next year. I think I finished 9th in the open not sure about overall.

rod, sorry to hear (and see, man that knee looks like it hurt) the bad luck, way to go finishing her out though :thumbsup:

Well, he walks about 30 feet into the grassy feild, back towards the crowd and proceeds to go "pee".

? that's what i do at races. at least he turned his back. sounds like he's being raised right.

That beer sure tasted good! Yeah not feeling the best right now but I had fun I was able to finish the race about 65 or 70 miles with a bum knee and messing around for about 20 minutes trying to hammer my rear sprocket with rocks so my tire could turn. I bent it back a little bit but not much. I was prepared to take another trip over the bars if it locked up I do not know how it made it but I guess I used up all of my bad luck earlier. 28 stitches and 14 stpaples and a night in the hospital not sure if it was worth it but I did not want to quit. Better luck next year. I think I finished 9th in the open not sure about overall.

Damn man that looks rough. Were you wearing knee guards? I had my right knee look like that two years ago dicking around on a pit bike with no protection, but the result was my knee cap broken in half and the pateller tendon cut in half, so part of my knee was in my thigh and the other dropped low.