Motorcycle chocks inside my Toy Hauler?

I finally picked up my 2007 Weekend Warrior ? and now I need to put in some removable wheel chocks for our bikes. Where can I put these? Are there certin spots on the floor I can't put them? Do I need to find a spot in the floor so I can bolt them to the frame?

I plan on getting the Moose removeable ones so me and my family wont trip over them when the bikes are outside.

We have E-track system in our toy hauler, two strips running horizontal, one near the front, one near the back on the floor. We then picked up E-track chocks from a local trailer store for $35.00 similar to this one:

http://www.etrackstorage.com/item.php?sku=303

Then get some E-track hooks (2 per cycle) for about $4.00 a piece and your ready to go.

You can then move the chocks and rings to multiple locations and remove them when not needed.

I don't have any pics but we load our bike in sideways. We put in 2 wheel chocks against the wall, one on each side. We can have all the furniture set up and the bed down with 2 bikes in the back. Its soooo easy to stop and sleep while on a long trip when you don't have to set anything up or climb over anything.

Before you start drilling holes I would take a look at the E-Z Chocks. There are reviews in the product review section on this web site. They were invented by a guy with a TH who was sick of drilling holes in it. They really are a better mousetrap.

Pete

Before you start drilling holes I would take a look at the E-Z Chocks. There are reviews in the product review section on this web site. They were invented by a guy with a TH who was sick of drilling holes in it. They really are a better mousetrap.

Pete

That's what I have.

Pete

EZ Chocks are the best!!!!!!!!!

I finally picked up my 2007 Weekend Warrior ? and now I need to put in some removable wheel chocks for our bikes. Where can I put these? Are there certin spots on the floor I can't put them? Do I need to find a spot in the floor so I can bolt them to the frame?

I plan on getting the Moose removeable ones so me and my family wont trip over them when the bikes are outside.

I dont understand why so many people believe they must tie thier bikes against a chock or wall. Ive had two toy haulers and a number of flatbed trailers never drilled a hole in them for a wheel chock. Heres how Ive tied them down. Im sure your toyhauler has some D rings in it already. Using the ones at the front of the load area bring your bikes in to about where you want them to be tied down .Using regular tiedowns hookem up loosely to said D rings yes the bikes want to roll foward but heres the big trick. Hook some ratcheting tiedowns to the rear most D rings of your trailer and to a footpeg mount or lower frame section pulling rearward.Pull up the slack and get a couple of clickes on the straps.Go pull your other tiedowns tight maybe some more clickes on the ratchet straps and your good to go. Once you do this a couple of times and get the idea it goes pretty quick. No holes no smashed walls no wheel chocks.Did this for a friend at the track once he thought I reinvented sliced bread !

I usually only have one bike in my Hauler. I use tie it down with no chocks then use my trailer wheel chocks ($5 for 2 at WalMart) to secure fron tand back wheel. Thius is just a precaution as the bike can't go forward or back when tie downs are tight.

Ha more like CHEE Z CHOCK, I'm with WhooWhoo on this one, I have the bolt it on system and nothing on the market compares. This thing is solid, and best part is I get to travel without any fear of what condition my bikes or the interior of my hauler is going to be in when I get there. Spend the cash, your 07 Warrior deserves better.

I have been using "boltiton.net" chock for 2 years now. It rocks.

Never worry about getting to the desert and finding your bikes on the floor

and fuel running out the door. It is easier than securing bikes in the bed of a truck.

Jeff:thumbsup:

Take a look at Condor Pit Stops. I have been using the aluminum versions in my trailers for a few years now and love 'em. They are a little pricey, but should last forever. They are very secure, adjust for just about any front tire size in seconds, easy to install and remove leaving only a small bracket permanently bolted to the floor, fold for storage, can be used stand-alone as a pit/garage stand, and will hold the bike upright while you fasten the tie-downs. You can even use them to park the bike without straps for overnight storage. They spread the load of the front wheel over a larger area of the mounting surface as well, so they don't have to be mounted to something along the lines of a 12" I-beam for support ( especially helpful if you use them for something heavier than an MX'er on occasion ). This helps you place them in the trailer where you want, not where you have to.

Well worth the money IMHO.

the only thing is in some WW like my FS23 the eyebolts only go through the floor. I would move them to a point where they go through some steel. Thw whole back half of my trailer is accessible to anchor most anything in steel. The "D" rings on the floor are mounted in steel. Have fun. :ooks like agood set-up.

• 3 weeks later...