Reapplying Graphics to new plastics?

Has anyone successfully reapplied graphics to a fresh set of plastics? If so how do you do it? Do you need to apply some kind of adhesive?

I have removed old graphics before and there is still quite a bit of tackiness to the adhesive. Maybe I can just clean the adhesive side while cold then try reapplying with some heat. What do yall think?

I know this sounds dumb but I found a set full set of plastics w/ a graphics kit that is no longer made (McGrath supermoto replica). The guy put the kit on red plastics which looks bad and should have been put on white plastics. So I need to remove the shroud and rear fender graphics and reapply them to my white plastics.

This may be a big headache. In any case, I will scan the graphics after I remove them so at least I can reproduce exact copies and have new pieces made.

pull off the entire graphic and apply doulble sided 3m contact paper, and reapply as normal.

That's what I was thinking. If the adhesive is still good you MIGHT be able to use a heat gun or hair dryer and remove the graphics with enough tackiness to reapply... but I sincerely doubt it will go that well or would last that long.

I'd still use a heat gun/hair dryer to remove (and try not to pull too hard... the good thing about using heat is the adhesive will come off the plastic easier... the bad thing is you are more likely to stretch the graphic as you remove it). Then I'd lay the graphic on to a sheet of industrial strength 3M double sided contact paper. Then carefully cut the entire graphic out of the contact paper with an Exacto knife or razor blade. Then apply the graphic to the new plastics and hope for the best.

Awesome. Thanks, you guys rock. I didn't know 3M had contact paper. I was dreading the thought of using spray or liquid adhesive. I think the paper will work.

I'm still going to scan them before hand just in case it doesn't go as planned. Plus I'll have templates for making my own custom graphics in the future.