Sign in to follow this  

Bars for the Big Boy

For all you lads over 6' and 200lbs, wondered what bars you have found that fit you the best. I'm currently using the Renthal 722 which is a older CR bend (high bend). I'm wondering if they're the best bars for me (6'3", 230). What bars have you found that work best for you?

Thx!

Suprisingly, I use the plain old Renthal Fat Bars. I'm 6'7 220 btw. They are very comfortable for me, but if I am standing for periods at a time, they do tend to be a bit uncomfortable becase they are low. I'm sure there are risers out there that I could pick up.

Tag makes a YZ-Double Hi bend..They are tall and narrow so I love them in the tighter stuff. Im not 200lbs but I am 6"1'

I use the Pro-Taper ATV hi bend. It is the highest and is pretty flat in the pull back.

kids004.jpg

Use the 12 degree raked Flexx Bars with a BRP riser on a scott's tripple clamp. The Woods High bars are similar and cheaper.

I am 6'4" 210lbs and on my 96 CR 125 I use the Pastrana FMX Bends. They are 4.75" tall and the sweep on them is perfect for me. I can stand up and my back doesn't really get that tired nor do my arms and I do a lot of trail riding while heading out to the quarry we ride at.

Use the 12 degree raked Flexx Bars with a BRP riser on a scott's tripple clamp. The Woods High bars are similar and cheaper.

Thx for the responses.

I just bought a set of Protaper Woods Hi bend bars with the 1 1/8" adapters for my 7/8" bar clamps. They'll be raised up 3/4" so that will make a difference. I'm finding that standing for long stretches is tough on the back.