LED Turn Signals/Flasher Unit

Have any of you installed Led Turn signals, had a problem with the flasher unit, leds don't draw as much amperage as standard bulbs, so the flasher wont operate, found the need to install an Led specific flasher unit, spendy, 50.00.

A buddy who works as a mechanic for UPS says they found a cheap one that works just as well, will post Monday a part # after he gives me a call.

Which brings me to the other issue I'm having, when I click on the signal switch both sides come on, left bright, right weak or vice a versus, they flash but both sides, seems to me a ground problem, have looked at the schematic for wiring, only way I can see they would cross over is through the kick stand switch, in the diagraham there is a diode on the ground wire, the other wire runs up to the CID box to kill the engine, think maybe the diode is blown, the switch does'nt operate anyway, that groound wire is tied into all the other grounds.

Bike is a 91 DRS350S Suzuki, any suggestions??????????

Mike

• 1 month later...

I had the same experience everyone seems to be having.? I hooked the rear turns signals and everything worked fine. Its when I came to the front that I ran into a problem. I can either get all 4 flashing like hazard lights or I can only make one side work. I looked at Baja Designs to try and find the LED Flasher part but don't see it. Where can I find it? Just a not the LED turn signals are at least twice as bright as the stock