Acerbis Front Fender Install Snag...

all,

Trying to mount this thing (acerbis universal supermotard front fender) on an '01 XR650L but the wiring harness is in the way (there is no trough for it as in the stock fender).

I'm thinking of adding spacers? Anybody else run into this?

Other solutions?

Thanks in advance,

JT

yes I ran spacers just some plastic washers will do,I think they were a 1/4" don't try to move the harrness,I tryed that and it is way to snug,you might have to trim the back of the fender to clear the headpipe

I installed the same fender on my 07 Xr650L and I just unplugged the wiring and ran it over the bottom triple tree. On mine there was more than enough slack in the wiring. It took about fifteen minutes once you take off the front number plate.

all,

Trying to mount this thing (acerbis universal supermotard front fender) on an '01 XR650L but the wiring harness is in the way (there is no trough for it as in the stock fender).

I'm thinking of adding spacers? Anybody else run into this?

Other solutions?

Thanks in advance,

JT

Here's what I did for the same problem.

HPIM1126.jpg

HPIM1125.jpg

I made a aluminum plate and 1inch stainless spacers. Looks good also. This pic makes it look as though there is a trough but there is not.

I ended up doing the wiring harness re-route. Plenty of slack.

The fender came with a triangular piece of plastic with two posts sticking out.

What is it?

JT

Glad the re-route worked out for you, seems like the easiest way. Also, I'm not sure what the triangular piece might be, mine fender came without it.