Whats your longest DRZ trip?

I wanted to get a feel for what some people (and the DRZ) are capable of handling on a trip. I was thinking 3 different categories being: single day (24 hours/ nonstop), weekend trips, and your longest continous adventure. Include a brief description (miles/ hours, dirt/street, avg speed, whereabouts...). I would like everyone's input even the lurkers.

I don't really have anything to brag about but I'll start. In a day- 300 hwy miles speed 70-90+. 3 day weekend- 450-500 miles at Deals Gap, CS, BRP... :applause: , No real "adventures" :excuseme:

I've been thinking of doing a 450 mile trip from CO to NE one of these weekends to pick up an old truck that my family has given me. One way trip on the bike - load it in the truck and drive the truck back. I've ridden the same route on a bandit 400, bandit 600, and a ZRX1200, with only a couple of adventures. I've hit a jack rabbit doing 80 on the bandit 400, that was a bit scary, didn't wreck but did find a little bunny fur on the chain - ok alot of bunny fur. Ran into a bad storm on the 600 that made me slow down to a crawl then it eventually blew me off the bike (no kidding) broke a clutch lever in the middle of nowhere on that trip:ride: I'm sure my DRZ SM would make it but I worry about the high winds out on the plains of NE, they can be brutal and we all know how this bike does in the wind:crazy: Oh yeah, another worry is my ass! What would walking be like after a trip like that on a DRZ? Oh well, I'll post back after the trip and let you know how it goes. I think I could run 75-85mph and hopefully do it in 8-9hrs including breaks. The suspension can handle jumping any wildlife I encounter which would be a bonus. Sorry for writing a book but I've been thinking about the exact same topic and would love to hear other DRZ'ers stories as well!

726 km off-road in one day = 451 miles. We had the choice between BBQing or continuing at 19:00 and still had 4 hours of daylight left so could have added another 200 km's (125 miles).

We made these miles during the Midsummer 1000 rally, a rally which is ridden exactly at the longest day of the summer.

Noppy

well, i will start with my longest one, over 17 days me and a friend went to vancouver island and back, over 8000 KM in total, more pavement than anything, but when we could, we did logging roads, first leg was 180km down a logging road and so i needed a jerry can, i bought a larger tank though for next trip.

i had no problems at all, bike performed good, i dont like highway tho, but for some reason my friend did, plus vancouver is a long way on just gravel.

but BC is sure a great place to explore, and i loved having my bike to play around on after the tent was set up for the night.

August i will be going through BC then straight down into Montana.

done weekend trips to the footsteps of the rocky's, about 180 km from here, and did a ride up some mountains there, was good fun too.

Some of you are really putting those miles on!

I went 97 miles of mostly straight highway to the lake, with the last 10 being tight curves. Two days of off-road riding (21 miles road to get there, just under 10 off-road a day) and then head back home.

So, about 250 miles in a weekend.

The vibrations are what gets to me. I had to make two stops during the highway trips to regain the feeling in my hands. My hands and feet still felt like they were vibrating for up to five minutes after stopping. I've since went to 15/39 gearing and it feels a bit better at 80. I also got a throttle rocker to try out next time.

my max in a several hour period is 150+ miles.

from newport beach to trabuco canyon,rode up and back thru the canyon a couple times then headed up to ortega hwy and rode to lake elsinore.re-fueled in town then came back home

My longest ride was a day trip of about 135 miles from East Tawas to Mio and back. Mostly trails and loggin roads with a lil bit of pavement on the way back. it was getting late and the deathwings caused me to put my bad leg down and i felt a 'snap'. My ole BMX injury reminded me that i am an old man now. /pout

Deathwings and sand .... BAD combo.

1,030 miles in 18 hours

If you had to spend 5 minutes every fill-up (about 10 fillups) that would be 1030 miles in about 17 hours of riding.. which would be an AVERAGE speed of 60 mph. no eat, no sleep, no bathroom? on a DRZ? Very impressive.

• Like 1

some pretty impressive runs there. Anyone here actually follow the ironbutt rules and submit it? Not sure if its been done on a drz.

My longest on the drz was a trip From fort myers to st petersburg and back....About 310 miles with the longest day being about 160.