'06 YZ450 hour meter mounting

Anyone have any suggestions on mounting an hour meter on an '06 YZ450? I just bought one and the adhesive that comes with it wont work for sure. Thanks!!
My DRD hr meter I put on my 06 450f I just went and bought some velcro strips and put a piece of it on the back of the meter and a piece of it on the bar pad and it works great:thumbsup:

My DRD hr meter I put on my 06 450f I just went and bought some velcro strips and put a piece of it on the back of the meter and a piece of it on the bar pad and it works great:thumbsup:

Same thing i did but i mounted it on the frame.Just make sure you use some laquer thinner to clean the area up first.

i used the velcro tape that came with the kit. i placed it under the bars on the right side of the frame below the throttle cables. there is a nice flatspot on the frame in the rough textured area near the steering stem tube. did that for the 250 and 450 both work well. ski

I took off the motor mount brace, the one on the right side under the front of the seat. Drilled two holes and mounted the meter. It's kinda tucked in there and not real easy to see but, it's real protected, mounted secure and the holes are in a brace. I see some guys drill and tap the frame up by the steering head. You don't need to look at it all that often.

Wow...talk about overkill..and crazy

Target 3M 2 sided tape under $5.00, over 100 hours and still stuck solid..

Ditto. I used the 'industrial strength' version of 3M double sided tape to mount mine to the frame just back of the steering head and mine hasn't budged in a year and a half.