Adjustments on the Leatt Brace

I got my Leatt Brace,:excuseme: But haven't worn it yet Due to a broken collar bone:cripple: I was wondering how guys are setting the front and rear height adjustments..:applause: I heard to slam them all the way down cause if to high when going down hill you can't tilt your head back far enough to see beyond your visor.? Does anyone know:excuseme:

Thanks... Roost on! ?

Ok I have a pretty serious problem with adjusting my leatt, but didn't want to start a new thread so I'll post it here.

it is IM-freaking-POSSIBLE to move either the rear or front member on my leatt-brace, with both screws unscrewed. I don't get it, in the instructional video it moves without any hassle, and I can't get mine to move 1/100 of an inch.

I think it's due to this rediculous little piece of iron I marked in red, it looks like it just hooks up in the nylon and prevents its movement.

anyone have any ideas?

dsc00207zu8.jpg

I got my Leatt Brace,:applause: But haven't worn it yet Due to a broken collar bone:cripple: I was wondering how guys are setting the front and rear height adjustments..:applause: I heard to slam them all the way down cause if to high when going down hill you can't tilt your head back far enough to see beyond your visor.? Does anyone know:excuseme:

Thanks... Roost on! ?

I guess it depends on rider build and helmet; I actually raised mine in the back from where it came, I had the front up a bit with my Bell Moto 7 but lowered it down with my new Thor Force.

Ok I have a pretty serious problem with adjusting my leatt, but didn't want to start a new thread so I'll post it here.

it is IM-freaking-POSSIBLE to move either the rear or front member on my leatt-brace, with both screws unscrewed. I don't get it, in the instructional video it moves without any hassle, and I can't get mine to move 1/100 of an inch.

I had the same issue. First you need to peal the velcro back that secures the rear liner near the pins. Then, you need to remove the bolts and use a small screwdriver to pop the star washers completely loose. Once you do that, the front and rear plates will move freely.

I had the same issue. First you need to peal the velcro back that secures the rear liner near the pins. Then, you need to remove the bolts and use a small screwdriver to pop the star washers completely loose. Once you do that, the front and rear plates will move freely.

Thanks. But the weird thing is, someone else commented that on his brace, the star thingies were on top of the black plastic round thing, instead of underneath it, like on mine, which makes more sense, so you don't have to unscrew the whole thing if you ever want to adjust it.

Thanks. But the weird thing is, someone else commented that on his brace, the star thingies were on top of the black plastic round thing, instead of underneath it, like on mine, which makes more sense, so you don't have to unscrew the whole thing if you ever want to adjust it.

The star washers are under plastic washer to prevent the upper and lower from moving on impact. Don't put the star washer on top of the plastic washer. Once you get the brace adjusted properly, you will never adjust it again.

The star washers are under plastic washer to prevent the upper and lower from moving on impact. Don't put the star washer on top of the plastic washer. Once you get the brace adjusted properly, you will never adjust it again.

Ok, thanks for the help. One last question. How tight should all the bolts be? I read in the manual that "the torque of all bolts should be maintained at 2Nm", but seeing as English is not my first language, I don't understand what the heck that means.

I had both adjustments front and back all the way up. But after the first ride, I found that when riding in the "attack" position it was hard to look forward. I lowered the back and left the front rather high to help with head bounce if I shorted a jump. I also trimmed the shoulder areas of my Fox AirFrame to get the brace to sit flat on my shoulder.. I love the brace. I just hope I never have to find out if it really works...

• 2 months later...
How tight is to tight? I know what 2nm means, but I don't have a torque wrench with an allen socket. It's about 1.5 lbs. of torque.

Snug? - I keep tightening, but am scared it's still not snug enough.

2 newton meter [N*m] = ~0.204 kilogram-force meter [kgf*m] = ~1.475 pound-force foot [lbf*ft]

So yes, it would not be very tight at all since I believe "hand tight" is generally considered to be around 8-11Nm. Maybe you could stick a little blue loctite on it and gently snug it down?