Has anyone bought one of those 6.6 gal

fuel tanks for your X? Any pictures? It seems huge, but man you could ride forever with that thing.

Don't get one only useful if you are doing a dakar race! I have a friend that bought one and he can't ride the bike when it is full he absolutely hates it. He purchased a 3.2 ims instead and says he will use the 6.6 when he goes to baja.

fuel tanks for your X? Any pictures? It seems huge, but man you could ride forever with that thing.

I have a friend that has one of those real large tanks. If he had to do it again he wouldn't. Just way to much weight, and when it's full it make the bike hearder to handle. :excuseme: Get the 3.2 like most of the guys have. :applause:

Not only does it use factory plastics, but, in black, it's almost indistinguishable from a stock tank.

So where did they come up with room for 1+ gallons and still keep the tank close enough in size to use the stock fenders?Not a lot of room under the seat/tank on these bikes.

So where did they come up with room for 1+ gallons and still keep the tank close enough in size to use the stock fenders?Not a lot of room under the seat/tank on these bikes.

All the extra gas is between the frame and motor. The 3.2 tank is deeper on the bottom of it. The tanks from the out side looks like the stock tank, a real clean look unlike some of those larger tanks.

i have a clarke on my 03 and an ims on my 07----both are r's----i let a buddy ride my 03 and he got way better mileage than me on my 07----we rode hatfield mccoy and we used over 2 gallons in a ride so they came in handy----the only thing i don't like about these tanks is the inability to drain all the gas completely----u must take off the tanks to drain all of it out by tipping them upside down