Sign in to follow this  

Lets see your DR's

Lookin at buying a 650 in the future and was just curious to see how everyone is setting up there bikes. I will probably do a SM conversion. Lets see those bikes :applause:

Great pics,i especially like the MRvvrroomm one's:worthy: ,my project is coming along slowly, i'll put pics when i'm done.

Mine looks remarkably like most DR650's :applause:

As I got it: Corbin, screen, ventura rack, scottoiler + Added Gilera mirrors.

20061129-162617.jpg

Test ride on Mitas E-07's - I like.

20070210%20Fran1.jpg

Having some fun...

20070401-151156e.jpg

Re:first pic DR 650 and DRZ400

First time I have seen a DRZ fitted with a topcase , how did you do it ?

I am asking, because one of the reasons I got a 650 is because it had a support for a solid rack , unlike the DRZ.

Tlinza -

Please tell us about your low front fender. I like it. Thanks.

Rick

it's the stock mudguard. one of my philosophies is recycling whatever i can and use whatever is on hand.

i duct-taped a 3/8 or 5/16 ID hose to the center of the tire. put the mudguard down on the tire, lining it all up takes patience, then mark it. trim it down to an acceptable shape. i used a dremel with cutting wheel. then i found some alloy strap, around .750" by .125" i think, and used the fork slider plastic brackets as tie points. longer screws for the brackets & lock nuts. i used the stock hardware to fasten the fender to the straps. after it was mounted, had to bend it slightly to straighten it. the straps are thin & easy to bend. havent been through more than a puddle yet, but seems to work fine. and its stable at speeds to at least 90mph.