Watch out for ProFlo!

Anyone out there in dirt land who has been dealing with a company called Pro-Flo (www.pro-flo.com) Columbia, TN? I thought this was a serious company..? I ordered some carb parts from them in August 2006 (and payed $389.50! by VISA). In the beginning they said they had to backorder some items so I decided to wait. October 19 was the last time they answered my e-mails saying that the were about to ship. Since then I am still waiting for the parts to show up! I have been writing letters, faxed and trying to call them on the phone... but without success!:applause: Please tell me of your experience with this company! Are they still in business?

Cheers, Chris from Sweden

BBB won't accomplish anything.

Just call up Pro-Flo and ask for the owner or a manager. I've bought from them.

And can't you cancel or challenge your Visa payment? It's what we do here when there's a problem.

What carb parts do you need?

I called their number and got a recorder. From their web page, it looks like a small operation. The don't list a physical address either.

I agree with the idea to dispute the payment through Visa.

Good luck.

El Marco,

After 20-30 overseas calls (listening to the same answering machine... no matter at what time!) I am inclined to :excuseme:

Since I was obviously too patient:ride: the time limit of 120 days had passed and the credit card company couldn't help!:applause:

What carb parts I need? Well the parts I ordered from Pro-Flo were around 40 needles (6DH2, 6DH3, 6DH4, 6FJ6 and a few others at $4.95 ea) and a bunch (54) of mains and pilots (at $2.95 ea). Can't you see what you have in your pockets, El Marco? BTW Do you live close to Pro-Flo? Perhaps you can talk to the boss for me?... There's a reward!?

Cheers, Chris

I did a little more research on Pro-Flow - not good news.

I found this customer review from someone in Michigan:

"DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY!

I purchased a factory 4 exhaust system from these people and i never got the exhaust, they took the money, and never got the exhaust, they took the money, and never responded to e-mails, and every time i called i got a answering machine. My attorney and the BBB of TN was notified, and so was the credit card company i used, and so was the FBI Internet crime people. Consumer protection agency and the TN state police are next to be notified."

I'd get in touch with Visa ASAP!

(here's the URL: http://yellowpages.superpages.com/reviews/userreviews.jsp?SRC=portals&C=Motorcycles&T=Columbia&S=TN&PS=22&PP=N&STYPE=S&L=Columbia+TN&CID=494829&LID=EFivaUX6S5epzVosuRkU4g%3D%3D&PI=1)

You're not the only one to get cheated by Pro-Flo. I ordered 4 carb needles early this year. My credit card was billed but the needles were never sent. Their phone number is a joke......always the recording. No response from emails either.

Ride on

Brewster

El Marco,

After 20-30 overseas calls (listening to the same answering machine... no matter at what time!) I am inclined to :excuseme:

Since I was obviously too patient:ride: the time limit of 120 days had passed and the credit card company couldn't help!:applause:

What carb parts I need? Well the parts I ordered from Pro-Flo were around 40 needles (6DH2, 6DH3, 6DH4, 6FJ6 and a few others at $4.95 ea) and a bunch (54) of mains and pilots (at $2.95 ea). Can't you see what you have in your pockets, El Marco? BTW Do you live close to Pro-Flo? Perhaps you can talk to the boss for me?... There's a reward!?

Cheers, Chris

Chris, I don't live near Pro-Flow, but I can get most carburetor parts as we're dealers.

What carb is this for?

I've done a little business in the past with Pro-Flo with no problems. Of course it's been a while, so looks like things have changed with them.

El Marco,

I am a vintage motocross rider with a passion for carbs. For the past 4-5 years I have been working on carbs, mainly mikuni VM carbs. But aside from overhauling my friends carbs I am also importing and rebuilding Harley carbs. The needles and jets I needed are for the Mikuni VM 32-38 mm. Contact me off list if you have a tempting offer!:applause:

Chris

• 3 months later...

I purchased 2 carbs from them a couple of years ago and there was no problem. This time I ordered a PVL ignition from them for my vintage maico on 16 Aug -- $500.00 -- and I haven't heard a word from them since then.

I called on friday the 17th to confirm the transaction, and a guy named Brett called me back to confirm that my order was being processed. He said that my ignition which I needed ASAP would be delivered by 24 August. Needless to say, after reading your stories, I am not banking on ever receiving the ignition parts. A couple of guys on KTMTALK.com said the same thing too. I've called and written PROFLO several times since last friday, and I haven't heard a peep from them. The same old message keeps playing. I've already called about my visa card, and if I don't hear anything from a Proflo rep by tomorrow. I'm calling the TN FBI as well.

mikuniman; Try buying your carb parts from Sudco. http://www.sudco.com/ They are a good company to deal with.

Really?, I have found them to be arrogant pricks, even if you have the exact part number for your jets. They don't like to sell small orders to end users. Maybe they will be more decent if you make a large order. (323)728-5407 is the number.

Really?, I have found them to be arrogant pricks, even if you have the exact part number for your jets. They don't like to sell small orders to end users. Maybe they will be more decent if you make a large order. (323)728-5407 is the number.

Strange, I usually place orders in the $25.00 range and have never had the experience you had.