Sign in to follow this  

85 XR250 with 200 monoshock?

Hey would this work? i know its like a downgrade. but i am picking up a parts bike with a sound motor from a man. and he stole the monoshock to use in his XR200R so i am stuck with the 200 monoshock.

it will bolt up right? i might have to lower the forks to even out the rack but that wouldnt last that long. any one have a spare 250 monoshock?

ive got a spare 250 swingarm and shock..its from a 1982 honda xr250...you let me know by way of PM if you want it and well work it out

idk...let me look in my manual..yes the shock is in good condition

lets see..the 1982083 xl250r and xr250r are the same..1984-and on xr250r and xl250r are the same rear suspension wise..but i think the shock may work. i have the whole prolink assembly..u have a different swing arm on my 82 xr..ill take some pics tomorrow..or at least try to.. if you want them

thanks man. that would help out alot.

but is the mono from a XL250R? or a XR250R from 82? i would think if its prolink they would be the same and bolt right up. check the stats for the travel for both of those. i will try to do some research.

My Neighbor has a complete swingarm and prolink setup with shock from a 82 XR250. Damn thing looks like it was used very very little and in superb condition.he will more than likely sell it as he will be getting rid of his 82 xr250 as well. He has a set of spare forks as well

Sorry XR250rdr the guy didnt tell me what year the 200 was. i wouldnt need the swingarm. if he would like to get rid of the monoshock i am interested. are we sure the 82 is the same as the 85? i dont need the forks since i have a spare set of CR125 forks.

I'm sure the 82 shock is different than the 85 shock. I picked up a good shock for my 84 a couple years ago for less than $50.

yes the one i have if from an 82..at least im sure..but my stock shock is red and this ones blue..maybe its from a diff. year