Yet another busted Clavicle question

i appreciate you throwing other options out there. i think i'll probably wait until i have the time to go to TX though. i read a study somewhere on the interwebbernetter thingy about success plating clavicles immediately after the break as compared to waiting up to 5 years to have it done and those that waited several years still had excellent success ratios. thats encouraging. mine is actually feeling pretty good. ROM is coming back but strength is lacking still. only time will tell if i'll heal up right. its still quite tender and sore. perhaps i won't need surgery. i did decide to ditch the figure 8 brace this last weekend (three weeks). it was causing more pain that comfort. the jagged bone just underneath the skin is quite irritating now.

DavBrucas,

i understand the concerns all too well and i appreciate the thought. the ER docs and nurses all shook their heads at me too. when you've been through as much crap as me you just figure, ah, what the hell? lets go ride. just because i don't have insurance doesn't mean there isn't life to live and fun stuff to do. its not going to wait for me. my ER bill came to $2,070. i can handle that one at least.

this is my 14th broken bone. its been the biggest PITA out of all of them though. haven't had a decent night's sleep in 3 weeks.

Bobby

edit: oh ya, and i'm not having kids. i made that decision a long time ago. 'twas the reason for my demise of my last relationship. no kids for me period. my toys are my kids i guess. it would be irresponsible of me to have kids on many many levels, so i ain't gonna do it. i do, however, plan on being a kid at heart until i die.

thanks Vetteguy. i had to improvise on this one since i don't have a recliner so i stacked a bunch of pillows up against the wall on the bed and slept at about a 60° angle for the first week or so. last night i actually got 7 hours of sleep. my best yet. its getting a little better every day. hopefully it will continue to improve. thanks again.

Bobby