Sign in to follow this  

How long?

LOL Now don't get me wrong.. I DO like the adrenaline rush, just not being scared sh*tless..to me there's a difference. Yeah its a fine line...but I think with me its more when we're in new territory and I don't know whats coming up next. If I've been there and done that, then its a blast!

Just to clarify too-trails for me, never been on a track and don't know that I ever will. We've ridden some pretty gnarly stuff that I didn't think I'd touch in my first year, but I've done it and felt great afterward. Ok so seat time (or ride time for those who can stand ALL the time) is the key! I'll get there!

You know that sick, shaky feeling you get after a HUGE adrenaline rush, the "OHMYGOD I just almost DIED when I did THAT, DANG!" and you feel funky and try not to do that again because your knees are wobbling like Jell-o and your eyes feel like shiny chrome and all the spit has dried up in your mouth?

Well, THAT feeling is the one that guys seek out again and again BECAUSE THEY GROOVE ON IT.

I.

Yup that the Oh Sh*t feeling for me...They LIKE it?!? lol silly men! :applause:

I guess I'm still too cautious

Yup that the Oh Sh*t feeling for me...They LIKE it?!? lol silly men! :applause:

I guess I'm still too cautious

I like it ... to an extent ...

my ego kicks in WAY before anything else. I can't NOT do something, or i'll be pissed at myself until I do manage to do it.

Yeah I have a bit of that- If HE can do it, I can do it better-thing going on too :applause:

Yeah I have a bit of that- If HE can do it, I can do it better-thing going on too :applause:

I guess we all have some of that, being in a typically "men's" sport...but then I start thinking stuff like, "Well, dang, if HE can eat shit like that and crack up his knee, then I can too..."

:applause::p

yea i love the adrenaline rush when i ride i think that how i managed to go out last time with my ankle all screwed up and super swolen that i could barely walk but i wanted to ride so bad my dad let me and i had a blast took it real easy so i wouldnt crash and have to pick the bike up (cuz that might have killed me) but i loved the speed just zippin around... i cant wait to get back out though now that the ankle feels 100x better although its still swolen a little... but i hate feeling like i cant do something and LOVE to prove people wrong!!!

LOL Now don't get me wrong.. I DO like the adrenaline rush, just not being scared sh*tless..to me there's a difference.

thought about this for a while

the scared mostly comes first

then the adrenalin rush when I can feel my heart beat in my ears and am all shaky and alert

the reward, that cat ate bird feeling, comes later, when I realize I DID MASTER whatever situation scared me first

and then there is a totally different ephedrine rush, "runner's high", when everything just flows, I call it "race face", to me it is like tunnel vision, nothing matters but the ride, it is almost like being in a video, everything seems a little unreal, I am flying high and feel bullet proof, if I crash it does not hurt, it is adictive, too - sorry if you had it you will understand if you don't know the feeling I pitty you:ride:

Just saw this...:applause:

My first bike piloting experience was Sept 10, 2003. So in September it will be 4 years....and I still suck, a lot. But I am having so much fun....I am hoping someday I'll wake up and just be able to rock without the little fears nipping me in the behind! :applause:

*edit* That was on the steet bike. Actual dirt riding, I am under 1 year. My first trail ride was last October....so somewhere around the 1 year mark for dirty riding. :p

Just saw this...:applause:

My first bike piloting experience was Sept 10, 2003. So in September it will be 4 years....and I still suck, a lot. But I am having so much fun....I am hoping someday I'll wake up and just be able to rock without the little fears nipping me in the behind! :p

*edit* That was on the steet bike. Actual dirt riding, I am under 1 year. My first trail ride was last October....so somewhere around the 1 year mark for dirty riding. :p

WOW and here I'm thinking you've all been riding for years! (and I'm feeling like a total noob!)Thats cool that you survived the HS lol you're a lot braver than I am!! :applause:

shucks, you make me blush! :applause:

I just ride......I probably sound a lot better than what I am....I get through by sheer determination!!!! lol

I've been riding dirt since 99. Used to go out pretty much every weekend, but in the last year, it's been occasionally. Since November, I've ridden the dirt bike 2 or 3 times, or 4 tops.

I've been riding road for 3 years next month. I'm onto my 4th road bike (if you count DS bikes as roadies). I've just moved onto a commuter bike as it seemed a waste of the DR650 to be used as one.

What I've enjoyed with road riding is the fact we don't need to load up to go riding. The improvement seems to be quicker, as in on some rides you just feel the zen factor. Some rides I just don't enjoy as I can't get a handle on the bike/road.

The dirtbikes won't be sold, as even if we only take them out a couple of times a year, it's fun. We're just not into it at the moment, but hopefully that will change.

As for racing, I don't enjoy it, I'm too slow. I was hoping to go bucket racing next weekend, but don't think that's going to happen (bugger).

I don't do fast on the road either, it's just not me.

LoL I know what you mean..some days I ride like a tard then days like today I'm a beast on 2 wheels! (OMG this WR250F rocks!) I raced my older brother today and got the nicest compliment " You don't ride like a girl" LMAO I told him I had a handicap because I don't have testicles to give me directions :applause:

I think the testicles giving directions might be the real handicap!

Always wanted to ride. I convinced my godfather I was serious and started early last year riding on a borrowed bike, three day weekends in sequoia and goldfield. And was HOOKED. Couple weeks and my godfather sees a an Ad. Next day he sees the Bike. After that I hand over my money. ("OMG What did I just do"). And we were riding every weekend after that. Seems like this year is slower - bunch of weddings and visitors and work... Don't get out as much as I'd like. Makes me stir crazy.

I'm scared of any hills with dropoffs on the side. It's pretty silly.

Not silly, it's pretty common. Keep your mind off the slope and your eyes looking ahead down the trail.

I sing to myself to distract from the unpleasant consequences down below. THINKING about the dropoff is almost as bad as looking at it. Just look ahead, pick your line around the next obstacle and don't worry about the dropoff.

What do you sing?

haha

random stuff. metallica, or 80s pop, as long as it's something ... energetic, at least.

Actually, May 21 will mark my 1 yr. anniversary for riding. WHOO HOO! Boy, I've come a long way from that 1st ride where I never left 2nd gear (and just about lugging it at that)