Sign in to follow this  

How long?

haha

random stuff. metallica, or 80s pop, as long as it's something ... energetic, at least.

I'll try that! It's a lot better than repeating over and over again to myself (and bike) "Ok, baby we can do it." or "Don't look. Don't look." or "Stop Death Gripping!"

I've pretty much been riding my whole life... HORSES though! LOL

With horses, working full time (plus loads of OT), life just gets in the way! To be a kid again... no fear... I would kill to be able to go back to learn to ride way back then!

I started riding bikes in 1999. I started on my step-son's XR200. It was a good starter bike. Hubby let me ride around the pasture a bit, then off to Gladwin. YIKES! I survived, but it was TOUGH for me. We were back at Gladwin last year for trail maintenance and I rode my 125, and let me tell you, I have no clue what was so tough about it! LOL

So, started on the 200, rode an old ('86?) XR 250 that I couldn't kick start to save my life (old, worn out, needed rebuild) for a bit... I could ride it pretty good for a while there, but only rode it out in the pasture. This was 2000 I think. Hubby rebuilt it and gave it to the younger kid since I didn't want it (huh, he rebuilt it for the kid... DAMN whassup w/that? didn't want it because it had no compression and I couldn't start it, other than that I loved the bike). Anyway, hubby figured I didn't want a bike, so pretty much gave up on me. I didnt' give up on me! I shopped around and picked out a TTR 250. Electric start! I bought it early spring of '01. I rode it on some trails for the Rites of Spring ride at Whiskey Creek. One day in the novice class, one day with hubby. The weekend convinced me that moving up to a 250 was probably too much too soon...just way too tall and heavy of a bike. I lowered it shortly after, but didn't go out to ride the rest of that year. :)

Besides Gladwin, Baldwin (ROS) and my trail maintenance (and riding in the back yard), that sums up my actual trail riding experience... literally! I dual-sported my 250 in '03 and have ridden a few events (about 1x per year) since then. We hit a little rough stuff, but not much. I bought my 125 for trail riding, and half thinking I might ride a hare scramble sometime. They actually look like fun. Anyway, never rode a hare scramble yet, and mostly ride the 125 out back. I just don't get much opportunity! :ride: Everything is so far away, and hubby just wants to do dual sport now... I dont' mind, I like it, but why do all the events have to be... well... during inconvenient times?? UGH!

So, last summer I bought a street bike. I've put in lots of miles on that anyway. Hubby created a monster... his wife has THREE bikes! LOL

I'm in Michigan, so no riding for half the year (seems like it anyway... our track/trail is slime until practically mid-summer... stays really wet a LONG time and I dont' get to get out much other than that).

Blah... so, the grand total is 8 years. Sort of.

I've been riding for 5 years (since I was 10). I've gone through 4 bikes already. At first I hated the sand, but now I blast through sand washes at 5th gear pinned.

your 15 and you love pinning it in 5th down washes!?!?!?!?!? want to go to prom with me?

Um off and on since I was little but have just started wanting to ride more seriously rode street on a dual sport for a few months when I didn't have a car, but basically more serious off road riding since october last year

I rode bikes as a kid puttsing around the back yard...rode street bikes since 03. Sold my CBR600 last summer after I hadn't been able to ride it much because I was in an apartment and the bike was in Jackdrinker's garage 10-15 miles away...not convenient considering I commuted on it more than got to ride for pleasure. Sooooo...then a friend got a CRF230F and wasn't really using her KX100 so she let me make payments on it for a couple months. Rode that all last year and got my 125sx in October/November. I think I've already ridden more miles this year than all of last year! :)

Oh yea...so long story short...I've been riding for a year.

I started railing my gramma's scooter at age 7. Then I got a BMX bike at 10. It was all down hill from there. Stole my neighbors trail bike at 17, and wazzamo, that tree knocked some serious dirtbikers disease in me, and I've been addicted ever since. Put my student loans to good use, and bought my first modified yz85 from some kid that went pro. Apparently, it was pretty stupid and dangerous for me to have a bike like that for a beginner, I just thought that's how dirtbikes were. Started racing, Now I'm 23 and walk with a cane. HAHAhahahahahaah

that was stupid and dangerous. I can't believe you bought a scary two stroke for your first bike. women can't ride two strokes. didn't anyone tell you?

that was stupid and dangerous. I can't believe you bought a scary two stroke for your first bike. women can't ride two strokes. didn't anyone tell you?

Well, yah, I guess I should have bought a quad?

Well, yah, I guess I should have bought a quad?

No, a TTR125. that is the perfect girl bike. No matter how tall you are.

No, a TTR125. that is the perfect girl bike. No matter how tall you are.

I don't know, I'm thinkin these new CRF150s that came out are perfect. I'm really short and weight about 115 lbs. I ripped on my KTM125, but I feel so much faster and in control on a four stroke. Even a 250F feels better now I still have two KTM 125's (for sale currently) but I favor the four stroke now...big time

I don't know, I'm thinkin these new CRF150s that came out are perfect. I'm really short and weight about 115 lbs. I ripped on my KTM125, but I feel so much faster and in control on a four stroke. Even a 250F feels better now I still have two KTM 125's (for sale currently) but I favor the four stroke now...big time

If you're talking the R version, then yep, they're reportedly a great bike. But the F model is not quite on a par.

I'm mostly being sarcastic. Nobody wants to throw a beginner under the bus, but there's a lot of people erring way too far on the cautious side of things.

Personally I just don't get the same rush out of riding a thumper ... they're great bikes but not my cup of tea. Wish I could afford to add a 125 without giving up the 200 for track riding and the easy trails! those things are a BLAST. My 200 is sweet too so I am not putting her up for sale anytime soon!

YUP ^^^^ Some people just have it in them to tear it up, other just want to kick it, then you have the cross country folk, a whole different kind of rider. I happen to get it all wrong. I was meant for a track, I bought that YZ85, it was like one of the best things ever happen to me, but I jumped on the trails first thing, and with a tempermental rocket between my legs, I QUICKLY learned braking, shifting, and turning, had to think faster, and within a year I jumped on the track and I was beating guys that had ridden for years. Yes yes, I ate sh*t one or 20 times into the trees, but man I wouldn't have done it any other way. What can take some people years to learn because they start on a bike too slow, and ride in flat open areas with no help, can be done in less than half the time. I respect the bikers in the trees now, they taught me everything I needed to know, and when I took it to the track it was magic. I miss my trail buddies.

no i mean disposition to dirtbikes. Some people like to tear it up. Others like to just ride. or, put around, or i donno. just different

oh and um, when I say another kind of rider, I mean like these riders of the trees, they are like machines, with armor, if they had swords and viking helmets it would be like a movie. I swear to god, it was like boot camp riding with these guys, and turns out the leader of the pack was a lady, who try as I might, could not mange to keep up. She actually would catch me, and ride my ass like a maniac, burn by me and slap me on the back of helmet and say faster.

I guess I'm one of them there cross country tree hugging folks. I like trees. Yee haw!!

So you keep saying your a midget, how tall is that?

I wouldn't say they are tree huggers. I mean, I am in fact a tree hugger, but these guys, are more like Tree Thrashers. I'm 5'4. I have a long torso, and short stubby legs. Watching me in the whoops section is the closest thing to watching a midget bull ride. If that's ever been done.

and I went back a year later to do the OCCRA series, and actually finished before that lady in the sportmans class. It was a good feeling. I still see her every once in awhile, but don't know her name.

I was making fun of myself; I'm a tree hugger and I ride a dirt bike - kind of an oxymoron - like military intelligence? Actually I don't think I'm a true tree hugger, I'm more of a conservationist. Anyway, rock on - and guess I'm a midget too and some of my family is from OK and my husband says I talk funny - but I think HE talks funny. Wow. Too much sugar intake again.

I don't need sugar, I am already ADD, with a hyper thyroid disease, so I'm like a skinny sugar blown psycho midget.

It's not bad at all. I do what I can to do my part. I recycle EVERYTHING. no really, everything I can, we are fish eating vegetarians, and I really try to keep it green in my yard and conserve water at the same time. So I don't shower. My plants get water. I also adopt random animals.