Got a new subframe. Doesnt quite fit. What do I do?

I finally got my bike back together. The only problem is the new subframe I ordered doesnt quite fit right. Towards the front of the bike where it bolts on to the rest of the frame it is perfect. But, at the back everything is out of wack. So much so that it took me 10 minutes just to get the lower fender bolts on. Then after that, the upper ones wouldnt even come close to fitting. The icing on the cake is the fact that its also too narrow for my seat and so only 1 side of it will bolt on. The other side has to be zip tied on.

I havent ridden it yet so returning it is still an option. The only problem with that is that I REALLY want to race this saturday. Do you think motosport.com would notice if I raced saturday and then took it off, cleaned it up, and sent it back? Its not like its a set of brake pads or tires so its not like riding it once is going to hurt it.

What should I do?

My opinion would be to call motosport and tell them to double check to make sure they sent you the right one. If for some reason! They sent you the wrong one then I would let them know that you have a race this weekend and needed it. So ask them if they would send the right one and ship it over night while you send them the wrong one. But however if it is the right subframe then I would ask them why it doesnt line up? You may have to arrange some things around to get it to fit but I would not try to bend the subframe to where it stress's the metal. Hope this helps you out man!

Do you think motosport.com would notice if I raced saturday and then took it off, cleaned it up, and sent it back? Its not like its a set of brake pads or tires so its not like riding it once is going to hurt it.

What should I do?

Aftermarket parts, eh?

Yes, they will notice. It will be obvious, take my word.

Call them, explain the situation, and see if they will work with you.

AC Racing subframes are notorious for not fitting. I have never heard of anyone being satisfied with them. This is something that has been going on for years. If you get one that fits correctly the jig probably slipped and consider yourself lucky.

AC nothing (at least for me) ever fit right. Even on my Banshee, AC nerfbars, AC front bumper. Something always had to be adjusted with a hammer or something just to line holes up. That's my experience.

AC Racing subframes are notorious for not fitting. I have never heard of anyone being satisfied with them. This is something that has been going on for years. If you get one that fits correctly the jig probably slipped and consider yourself lucky.

100% Agree. Since I started riding 4 years ago I have gone through two subframes on my 2002 WR250F. When the OEM steel subframe bent I bought an AC racing replacement. Its fits was terrible - seat, plastics and muffler attachment. One of the threaded screw bushings broke loose and spun freely. I replaced it with a used 2003 YZF subframe off of eBay and have been very happy. I will never by AC racing products again.