What Exhaust fits an '06 WR250

I've read alot of posts saying that I can swap out my GF stock exhaust with a stock YZ250f, but from what years. I would have thought the alluminum frame on the '06 YZ changed the fit, bend, and bolt pattern for the '06 WR. So do I go with an '05 pipe

When I'm looking through online web sites to find a new after market exhaust, can I just go with one that says it fits an '06 YZ250F, or if not '06 from what year? My dealer had no idea about either fitting a stock YZ pipe or after market pipe on her WR :applause:

I think for right now she wants to go with a YZ pipe while she's learing, and then upgrade later to something like a WB

I stole her from the other side, sold her quad, and now she's never looked back!

thanks for your help

there is a difference betwene them, an 01/02 will NOT fit, you need an 03-05.

yes 06 is diferent because of alum frame.

if she is learning then just stay with the stocker, i still have the stocker on my 04 and although i ride my bike damn hard i can put shit all over a lot of fellas on 450's. it is mostly the rider who makes a bike fast, if she isnt a pretty good dirtbike rider then stay with the stocker.

also if you absoluteley must get a performance exhaust a yz-f might not be the best option as it is a loud pipe and that equals less riding areas.

something like a yosh trc 96DB, fmf q, q2, q4 , pro circuit type 496, WB e2 are all good pipes that offer performance whilst staying reasonably quiet.

it is up to you what you do but the answer to your question is you want either an 03, 04, or 05 they are the only ones that will fit.

thanks for the replies,

We're definitely looking for a quiet pipe. Our community is holding a counsel meeting to help come up with an initiative to reduce the impact the off road community has on the rest of the area. Its all dealing with the sound levels emitted from our bikes. I'll miss hearing that dirt bike note, but it’s a reality.

Again thanks for the your help