Reckless car driver who just doesn't care. What should I do?

Is there a website to report drivers who don't care if they hit someone on a bike? I was just riding my bike and this idiot not only nearly hit me a stop light and then nearly ran me off the road.

I followed him to his house and he said he didn't care, took his dry cleaning out of his car and peacefully went into his house. I had to make a decision whether or not to kick his ass and probably end of in jail or ask for fellow thumpers for advice.

I have his address and phone number, any suggestions????

First thing is call and report it to the police,they may or may not do anything but you could call them every time you see him out on the streets and complain,I have come close to stomping a** several times but had to keep my cool.There is a place I have to U turn just below my house and people that are turning right on red nearly hit me several times so i went to the state dept and raised mortal hell and got the turning on red stopped.Oh and i once took the front end off of a little honda car with my f250 ford and that got some attention as I had the right of way,

Oh and i once took the front end off of a little honda car with my f250 ford and that got some attention as I had the right of way,

My dad had a new 6,000 dollar paint job on his nova, and I am not sure exactly what the situation was, something about a turn and a bus, and a car behind the bus. Dad had the right of way, and hit the guy that was behind the bus, took off/screwed up his rear end, dad looked at his own car, no damage, said to the guy "sorry for your bad luck ass hole". hahahahahah :applause:

Unfortunately, I live in a good area of Los Angeles where the cops will only respond to a murder or doughnuts.

With respect to getting in his face more, I was so pissed off that I didn't trust myself.

PS. If you're an idiot, you shouldn't be posting your pictures on the web. Look at this guy....

http://www1.fallsbrazil.com.br/en/modules/myalbum/photo.php?lid=966

photo.php?lid=966

I always ride and think every vehical is out to run over me so I ride on the defensive I havenot been in an accident yet and am always thinking the next car is going to pull out in front of me.I dont know of any website or organization you could report it to.If that was the guy he looks like a total prick.

With respect to getting in his face more, I was so pissed off that I didn't trust myself.

Good call... I had a couple of punk ass kids pass me once where they basically made their own lane to do so. To say I was hot would be an understatement. I rolled up to the next traffic light in the right turn lane and just looked over. There were 4 of them and one of me. They didn't scare me - considerations of a hidden weapon made me rethink. Had I been 100% assured of no weapon, well...

About a year later I happened to find out where the driver lived. I won't go into my thoughts once I realized what I had stumbled on, but my head had cooled and I know where to find at least one of the clowns if ever needed. :applause:

Unfortunately, I live in a good area of Los Angeles where the cops will only respond to a murder or doughnuts.

PS. If you're an idiot, you shouldn't be posting your pictures on the web. Look at this guy....

http://www1.fallsbrazil.com.br/en/modules/myalbum/photo.php?lid=966

photo.php?lid=966

he looks like a &%$#@!

yup, call Highway Patrol and make a report. That way, if he ever hits you again, you can git 'im for the big bucks.

Just kidding. But people like that (the 'oh well, you're just a biker' attitude) need to be taken down a notch. What if he'd knocked you off your bike and busted your legs? Would he have just shrugged and walked inside?

Thoughts like that make me just go :applause: at even crossing the highway on my bike. People in cars just don't see motorcyclists...then again, most people are cars are driving with a large amount of head static and don't see anything at all...

Call the cops/chp. Remember if you want him cited you will have to go to court with the officer, but you can bet I'd do it in a heartbeat.If you continue to have problems contact the AMA as they have people that will talk to local authorities! if it gets rough some time take your helmet off and put it through his windshield....see if that gets his attention!

My buddy has a little gun holster mounted onto the windshield of his 1000rr. No, not for a real gun, but for a bright orange (so you can't mistake it for real) water pistol with brake fluid in it. Nice paint!

Not that I am saying it's the right thing or something I would do, but there really isn't a lot else to vent your frustrations.

My favorite is when some almost kills you, and they know it so they just cower in their seat while you yell, scream and make a ton of hand jestures. They you realize they can't hear you anyway.

I always carry rocks in my coat pocket. If a driver is following too close, I loose a few. Tires kick up all kinds of "road hazards". Always be aware of whats around you.

As 125shifter says, there are tons of them out there. You need to ride "offensive" not defensive. Put more lights on the bike, give no one an excuse. With gas prices as high as they are, more and more bikes are on the road. Also get some good insurance.

I would file a report.

For this exact reason, my cousin rides his bike very defensively. He carries a full pocket full of porcelain balls. If anybody INTENTIONALLY tries to run him off the rode, or whatever the reason may be, he takes a little ball out, and tosses it at there window. Can you say shattered window? May not be right, but it's his little protection. Also kicked in a a few doors with his boots.

• Like 1

File a report and go on with life. If you have issues with him later you have the report to back up that he is a puke. I have "bumped" mirrors off of cars and my brother gave an a?? wuppin to an illegal, neither of those changed anything. I just ride like those that do see me try to kill me.

Be thankful that you can be pissed and still ride on. In 2003 I bought a Kawasaki Vulcan 500. At 1596.4 miles the longest oncoming Neon in the world turned left as I was entering the intersection. With very little time to think, I decided to lay it down and slide rather than broadside him or be clipped by him. Totalled the bike, cracked some ribs, got a little road rash and was still pissed. When the police officer talked to him he said that he did not see the motorcycle, then in the same breath he said that he thought the motorcycle could stop. Fortunately I was only doing about 35 or it would have been a whole lot worse. His insurance company was very nice about the whole thing by the way. It's a hell of a way to double your money.

Now I have a zuki DR 650 with 650 miles on it and I ride like every car on the road is out to get me.

By the way the squirt gun full of brake fluid sounds pretty good.

my buddy rides with his brights on in the day. seems to help. i had the idea of getting flashing lights to mount on the front and maybe other places. from far away they'd think your a cop and notice for sure.