A bike for my wife

No offense, but isn't it a bit TOO low if she can sit on the seat, flat footed with her knees bent? That would translate into a very uncomfortable riding position for me. Any bike I can flat foot and bend my knees while sitting on the seat means I'll be hunched over uncomfortably while standing.

I can't even ride my sons TTR125L. Feels like I'm eating my knees!

Renman's wifey here:

I started with no experience not even mountain bikes, and I am 5'4" and 105 lbs. I started on a CRF 230 and it was great but very heavy when you can't touch the ground well. So i dumped it a lot. I rode it for a year and just got my CRF 150RB a month ago- this bike is the perfect size for me. I can touch the ground much better and the bike is 70 pounds lighter than the 230. I never had a problem picking up the 230 but with the 150 I can usually save the bike before it falls to the ground so I don't have to pick it up. Now as far as riding I feel much less comfortable with the throttle control that the CRF 150R demands but hopefully that will come with time. Either way both bikes are great but if you have confidence in your wife think about the 150RB (not F).

depends on how much you want to spend and how much maintenance you want to do, what kind of riding do you plan?

CRF150R

a bike 'to grow into' is for kids, your wife will not grow

to big a bike will simply take away a ton of fun

to small a bike (seen 5-10 women on XR100s) will do the same

bigger wheels will make trail riding easier but ...

what this guy is sayin is perfect except get the crf150F not the crf150R because the f is taller and its the trail bike. unless your racing seriously get the 150f

its a fun, durible bike. you could also get the crf230f if the 150 feels short

what this guy is sayin is perfect except get the crf150F not the crf150R because the f is taller and its the trail bike. unless your racing seriously get the 150f

its a fun, durible bike. you could also get the crf230f if the 150 feels short

The F is much heavier and more gutless with poorer suspension than the R.

ya xcept for the susp they made it the same travel just softer this year.

ur right about everything else

the r is like $5-$6,000 and the f is like $2-$3,000

thats y i got the f and its real fun

Check out the differences:

CRF150R_red.jpg

CRF150F.jpg

Suspension is not the same.

ya ur right

i still think she could spend that extra 3,000 and put some aftermarket on it

ride2live1994

ya xcept for the susp they made it the same travel just softer this year.

ur right about everything else

the r is like $5-$6,000 and the f is like $2-$3,000

thats y i got the f and its real fun

I can buy a 150RB all day long for $3900 around here.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=505831

Check this thread out

Please excuse the man post ladies:worthy: :)

rm22 - I browsed your garage - looks like you already have a little bike 50cc? that she could play with in a parking lot for a few minutes if that helps at all. And you have a DRZ400 with a license plate.

You may want to consider the bike in this link if a factory license plate might be useful to you.

ya ur right

i still think she could spend that extra 3,000 and put some aftermarket on it

unfortunately, mounting higher-quality forks and shock to a bike like that is going to cost about $3k, as well as considerable time and effort even if you ARE well-versed in steel and aluminum fabrication. so there isn't much aftermarket that will spruce up the F model's main failing, which is the suspension.

Not baggin' on your bike, just saying it's a very different breed than the R model. I'd pay the $3k if that's the real-world difference, but sounds like dealers in other areas are selling them for less.

ya i figuered more exercise liftin that thing couldnt hurt but ur right if uv got the money y not