Sign in to follow this  

Ais Removal Video!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello everyone;

I recently got back into dirt biking and must say that finding this web site has been invaluable. That said it can be extremely frustrating to consolidate all of the information available on the site. So I put together this video of how to remove the AIS from a wr250. I plan on putting together more helpful videos if people fin this useful. Let me know what you think, just don't be too negative, my fragile ego can't take it! Hope this helps someone out there. Here is the link it is on youtube:

Jeremy

• Like 2

Got to say a pic is worth a thousand words. Roll on the next one. Thanks:applause: :applause:

Jeremy, that was great. Keep doing them. Thumperfaq might eventually be a cool place to put your videos. Something to consider maybe.

My counter part in the Yamaha section of TT!!!

GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :applause: :applause: :p

Way better than mine - you had the gonads to actually be seen and have sound! :p

Here is a couple I did - like yours a lot better though! :

Re-jet an FCR -

A video of an AP squirt -

Gas4u.

• Like 1

Hey Coffee I haven't jetted my bike yet, is your jetting video the same carb I have on my bike?

2006 wr250

• Like 1

Hey Coffee I haven't jetted my bike yet, is your jetting video the same carb I have on my bike?

2006 wr250

If it is a Keihin FCR... That is the reason I posted it here. It is also in the technical articles section of TT.

Jeremy you did a fantastic job!

You guys did give him some fuel in his tank - right?

Hello everyone;

I recently got back into dirt biking and must say that finding this web site has been invaluable. That said it can be extremely frustrating to consolidate all of the information available on the site. So I put together this video of how to remove the AIS from a wr250. I plan on putting together more helpful videos if people fin this useful. Let me know what you think, just don't be too negative, my fragile ego can't take it! Hope this helps someone out there. Here is the link it is on youtube:

Jeremy

Great Job.

I hope that some day, someone will do a valve check video.

Also a seal replacment and so on...

Thank you very much.

Jeremy - congrats & well done. Very Helpful to me. My only suggestion is to come over to Clearwater Beach, and film yourself demonstrating on our 250F'06 how to test and reset the jetting (if required) after this modification.

PS - just curious, 1) on your particular bike did you have to re-adjust jetting after this mod and if so what did you need to do (I understand they all are probably different based on starting points/etc..) - just curious.. and 2) what if any performance increase did you notice?

thanks again,

Keith

Hey Keith,

I did not have to rejet after this mod. The bike is still running well. That said I am going to, I just purchased the JD jetting kit and I am waiting for it in the mail. I am messing with a few things (gray wire, AIS, Airbox) so I am going to complete these then do the re-jet. I will try and film the other suff when I get to it. I did notice the difference with the AIS removed, I have a lot less backfiring on deceleration. As for power difference, I didn't ride for a week or so after I did it so I can't be sure, but in my mind it is a lot faster. I haven't really found a negative to this mod unless AIS is required where you ride.

For those of you who liked this video I have posted an oil change video as well.

Part 1

Part 2

Hope you like it

Getting that fitting out is the main reason I went for the GYTR. There are some good forums about how to remove that fitting by making a slide hammer.