Sign in to follow this  

seal savers.. how do you like um?

my buddy has them and calls them his condom for forks or osmething liek that. basicially its a neoprene slipover thing that either velcros on or slips on i dont recallexactly but he says hes gotten forever out of his seals.

If they are the velcro type , I found they would trap small particals ie.sand between neoprene and the polished shaft.Isaw it to be the same principal as having a stroke with a handful of sand.That can't be good:p

It's a toss-up. They seal stuff out, but also keep stuff in sometimes.

And on modern forks, they increase stiction. I use on the vintage bikes but not the mod bikes.

I use them on my off-road bike but not for motocross. I really think it helps in the sand and that type of stuff just be sure to pull them down and clean it out every now and then.

I just put some on last night, we'll see how it goes.

I'm pretty confident in them though :applause:

i had em on an 02 crf. i race nasty hare scrambles. " seal savers " did not last 6 races. the neoprene split and they fell off. i might try the velcro type. didnt like the slip over type. they trap in more than they keep out. still blew seals.

If you do get them, make sure you clean them after every ride. Seals are much cheaper than the fork shafts!