The 5/12 So Cal SM ride with pics!

drz450 had a faster bike for sure... we dragged off of a red light and he smoked me even with a rear sprocket w 1 less tooth. but it was his first time on Palomar as well. i wanted to stay near the front since im familiar with the roads. i do wear knee/shin guards, but am picky bout what boots still... ive kept my foot in when i first started out but my toe would touch when really leaned over (scary if it gets caught), my foot out is what keeps weight SOLELY on the outside peg and lowers my pivot point giving me a better feel.

you sure did look like you know that road, and that is always the guy who should lead. Good job. Big feet are a bummer for sure when scraping pegs, I would get spooked for certain if my toe rubbed. Wonder if you cant raise the pegs a little.

Watch the second video. I keep my feet on the pegs at all times on that road. I'm never going slow enough to put it out. I just don't feel comfortable sticking my leg out. Maybe its the bike, but there really isn't much room between the ground and the bike to stick my foot in there. Plus, I like weighting the front tire in those corners and if my foot is out, my weight is back on the seat. On the pegs I can lean forward. The pic on Rick Clemson's web site shows it real well. I'm buying the digital pic so when I get it, I'll upload it here.

Anyone else buy any pics from Rick?

Watch the second video. I keep my feet on the pegs at all times on that road. I'm never going slow enough to put it out. I just don't feel comfortable sticking my leg out. Maybe its the bike, but there really isn't much room between the ground and the bike to stick my foot in there. Plus, I like weighting the front tire in those corners and if my foot is out, my weight is back on the seat. On the pegs I can lean forward. The pic on Rick Clemson's web site shows it real well. I'm buying the digital pic so when I get it, I'll upload it here.

Anyone else buy any pics from Rick?

everyone has thier own style....but im with you on that one matt...i prefer body position vs leg out

edit

you did notice he had 2 pics of ya

I was think about buying it, but for $20 for a JPEG, damn. I like my pic but I think I will just keep the one with "RICK CLEMSON" on it. Is that Honda Matt with the XR? Let us know what the quality is like on the pic when you buy it. If it is 6 or more Megapixel, maybe I will get it.

As for seat position, I am still getting the hang of the SM thing. I feel more comfortable with the feet on the pegs but I have caught myself in town everyonce in awhile throwing that leg out. I guess there is just too much "dirt" in my riding style.

I found my pic on rick's site, I think I'll rock the watermark and use the 20 bucks to get one of those short mirror. I need to dump the elephant ears.

I found my pic on rick's site, I think I'll rock the watermark and use the 20 bucks to get one of those short mirror. I need to dump the elephant ears.

Good call!

yeah, knee down like Niki Hayden!

Let us know what the quality is like on the pic when you buy it. If it is 6 or more Megapixel, maybe I will get it.

The pic is a large file, over 3megs. I would guess it was taken with an 8-10 magapixel camera.

Rick had a problem sending me the photo so he called me and we talked for a few min. Great customer service!! If he has a good shot of you I would recommend buying it, unless you go up that mtn. all the time and can get others.

DR-Z450 what mirror mount do you have?

If he has a good shot of you I would recommend buying it, unless you go up that mtn. all the time and can get others.

The nice thing is, I am close enough we were considering a ride up there after work this week!

i checked my account today and between gassing up on the way out and in ladera ranch on the way back my gas reciepts were $24.12 for that all day ride....not too bad

jaysunm

DR-Z450 what mirror mount do you have?

I have the CRG mirror that crfonda was talking about. The thing is like a $100 bucks though, thats why I only have one!

Matt on the 650r honda was telling me that you can get a pair of replica CRG mirrors at cycle gear for around $60 dollars. Sounds like a deal to me. Having two mirrors, one on each side will definatly be a benifet.