Loudest Exhaust?

I do agree perhaps the better question is for power but hey the guy wants what he wants right? So by yelling at the guy its ok to yell and bytch at u for liking fat chix or wanting the king size instead of da medium ? no one in their right mind would...Jesus u guys are retarded there should b an opinion forum just for u ^$&Yheads he asked what u think is the loudest pipe...He didnt ask if it was the smart thing to do he didnt ask what your ****ed up ass opinions where u think bashing the guy is gonna change his mind, he asked fo rthe loudest pipe christ...I say go with the previously said idea of shortening up the stock exhaust sounds good and may give more back pressure=a bit more low end...but u kno a bug gun is loud as hell up ta u bud have fun b safe and ride da pyss out of it(should i have said that or am i gona get yelled about how it inproper to ride a machine hard?)

I do agree perhaps the better question is for power but hey the guy wants what he wants right? So by yelling at the guy its ok to yell and bytch at u for liking fat chix or wanting the king size instead of da medium ? no one in their right mind would...Jesus u guys are retarded there should b an opinion forum just for u ^$&Yheads he asked what u think is the loudest pipe...He didnt ask if it was the smart thing to do he didnt ask what your ****ed up ass opinions where u think bashing the guy is gonna change his mind, he asked fo rthe loudest pipe christ...I say go with the previously said idea of shortening up the stock exhaust sounds good and may give more back pressure=a bit more low end...but u kno a bug gun is loud as hell up ta u bud have fun b safe and ride da pyss out of it(should i have said that or am i gona get yelled about how it inproper to ride a machine hard?)

finally some one with head their on straight, they need more guys like you on here

thank you:worthy: :applause:

I've got an 01 wr and bought a Dr D full pipe, definatly made a difference in performance is and definatly loud enough, louder than the yzf, exspecially moving from a canadian wr exhaust. (which i had too) i got it used for 250 bucks. look around at local shops for used ones... most after market racing ones are loud and i am sure you'll be happy. the Fmf ti4 is reaalllly loud as well, get the shorter one and it will be perfect. changing your cam timing to yzf went real nice with the pipe too, look up how to do it.

I've got an 01 wr and bought a Dr D full pipe, definatly made a difference in performance is and definatly loud enough, louder than the yzf, exspecially moving from a canadian wr exhaust. (which i had too) i got it used for 250 bucks. look around at local shops for used ones... most after market racing ones are loud and i am sure you'll be happy. the Fmf ti4 is reaalllly loud as well, get the shorter one and it will be perfect. changing your cam timing to yzf went real nice with the pipe too, look up how to do it.

where abouts are you located in b.c?

lower main land?

yup that big gun is a pretty loud one. Ive got it on my bike plus when and if you are riding in a area with denser population it comes with the quiet insert:thumbsup:and it should wake your wr up a little. best of both worlds with the insert:busted:

i had a freind with an 03 yz 250f with a big gun on it and it was 116 db. but i agree that you should just drill the rivets, punch the insides out and re-rivet if thats all you want is noise.

Sound level is irrelevent. Go for more hp or ft/lbs. Also buy a subscription to a dirtbike mag, they are constantly doing comparisons of pipes. Ask you local dealers, they might have the same bike as you (also might be biased, however we all are), use the search button and you will get about a million threads on pipes. I am looking at either WB E2 or DR.D step system, I have been researching threads for days. It's true that the stock WR system is quiet, but with the insert taken out on holes drilled in the baffel the thing is kinda loud with little power gains. Being loud does nothing, unless your street ridding. You will get hearing damage and that is irreversable. Look for a pipe that tailors to your ridding style.

Loud? Does this make you faster? Does this help out the cause of keeping lands open?

I have heardx a bunch of reasons for loud and not one of them makes any sence. It is your choice to make your bike loud and no one will stop you yet. You said you live in no mans land and that there are no restrictions on noise....YET. Your choice is yours, but think about it before you do this. If the only gain you are really looking for is to be loud then don't be suprised when those once wonderful lack of noise restrictions become excessive restrictions.

Some one stated that they did not think that riding a loud bike in no mans land would create any problems in Cali, your wrong. We are all in this together and choices you make do effect every person that rides. Ever heard the expression on bad apple? Not saying you are a bad apple, but from an outsiders position, you may be perceived as one. Mr dumb ass who is the head of the local green movement hears you out riding one day and it gets his blood boiling... Soon enough he complains at his greenie weenie movement and some one seconds his idea that there is too much noise from the farm kids bike that lives out side of town. Next thing you know they put a chunk of money to a movement to go to the local government to limit the amount of noise that is acceptable (which is usually not more than a conversational volume) nobody is at the hearing to debate this because they are out riding there loud bike and the hearing was posted in the Sunday paper and was about three lines long.... Since nobody was there to debate the issue, there was not another side to it. Just so happens that some one in the local government happened to be driving by your area one day a week or so ago and heard your loud bike. Now he remembers it and say "you know what, I heard a bike from over a 1/4 mile away the other day and that thing was loud" he know agrees with Mr greenie and seconds the restriction. Since you were not there and nor was anyone else to fight it, you now have noise restrictions........... THINK ABOUT IT!.

This may sound far fetched, but it is closer to the truth than you would think. A ordinance was passed just last year in our city that makes it illegal to ride any RV on your own personal property. Sad thing is this was started by an old man that was irritated by the kids next door riding thier completely stock XR 50's in the back yard........

The point is, you may live away from anyone and you may think your actions do not affect people that are not close to you, but the people on the other side of the fence don't see it the same way.

Do what you want, but don't get bent over someone flaming you over such a touchy subject. This movement is just getting steam and PEOPLE simulare to you are only adding fuel to the fire that is powering this thing.....

GOOD LUCK, even if it is not affecting you now, sometime in the near future it will be.....

Loud? Does this make you faster? Does this help out the cause of keeping lands open?

I have heardx a bunch of reasons for loud and not one of them makes any sence. It is your choice to make your bike loud and no one will stop you yet. You said you live in no mans land and that there are no restrictions on noise....YET. Your choice is yours, but think about it before you do this. If the only gain you are really looking for is to be loud then don't be suprised when those once wonderful lack of noise restrictions become excessive restrictions.

Some one stated that they did not think that riding a loud bike in no mans land would create any problems in Cali, your wrong. We are all in this together and choices you make do effect every person that rides. Ever heard the expression on bad apple? Not saying you are a bad apple, but from an outsiders position, you may be perceived as one. Mr dumb ass who is the head of the local green movement hears you out riding one day and it gets his blood boiling... Soon enough he complains at his greenie weenie movement and some one seconds his idea that there is too much noise from the farm kids bike that lives out side of town. Next thing you know they put a chunk of money to a movement to go to the local government to limit the amount of noise that is acceptable (which is usually not more than a conversational volume) nobody is at the hearing to debate this because they are out riding there loud bike and the hearing was posted in the Sunday paper and was about three lines long.... Since nobody was there to debate the issue, there was not another side to it. Just so happens that some one in the local government happened to be driving by your area one day a week or so ago and heard your loud bike. Now he remembers it and say "you know what, I heard a bike from over a 1/4 mile away the other day and that thing was loud" he know agrees with Mr greenie and seconds the restriction. Since you were not there and nor was anyone else to fight it, you now have noise restrictions........... THINK ABOUT IT!.

This may sound far fetched, but it is closer to the truth than you would think. A ordinance was passed just last year in our city that makes it illegal to ride any RV on your own personal property. Sad thing is this was started by an old man that was irritated by the kids next door riding thier completely stock XR 50's in the back yard........

The point is, you may live away from anyone and you may think your actions do not affect people that are not close to you, but the people on the other side of the fence don't see it the same way.

Do what you want, but don't get bent over someone flaming you over such a touchy subject. This movement is just getting steam and PEOPLE simulare to you are only adding fuel to the fire that is powering this thing.....

GOOD LUCK, even if it is not affecting you now, sometime in the near future it will be.....

couldnt have said it better

I wan to get an exhaust for my wr beacause its so quiete

i want the loudest exhasut there is out there

anyone know which one is a good one?

H.F

There is a special type of oil you can buy that will make your exhaust louder.

Notice the trend here. I live in little town BC and don't think for second that noise restrictions won't affect you. I live in a town where all of the riding areas are in Valleys outside of town which obviously restricts sound polution. Do you think the Greenie cared when he went for a walk off the beaten path with his poodle in our public riding area, his mind set wasn't that of yours.

And now yes, in little town BC our counsel is now looking at inovative ways to initiate community based programs to reduce our sports affect on the local community because of that guys complaint. Beautiful :applause:

As far as your question for a loud, pipe, go with a WB, that way if you figure out what people are talking about, and feel compelled to support them, and riders in their communities and mine, you can just put a quiet tip in. Honestly, just think about it. You might live in a town without restrictions, but it could as others have said start an issue with a passer thru tourist, which may not affect you, but they'll take it home to their town and it will affect the riders there.

only my two cents, and not looking to start anything, just hoping to keep riding. :applause: