Sign in to follow this  

Rear Brake Rotor

So I went riding yesterday, and after I cleaned her off I realized that my rear rotor was bent...again. I did not take any falls yesterday so it must have been a rock or something. Anyway, does anyone use any aftermarket rotor guards? If so, which do you use, why do you like them...etc. This is the second replacement rotor that I have bought. And I am getting sick and tired of it, they cost too damn much. Also, does anyine happen to have a spare rotor laying around? I would happily purchase one from anyone. And does anyone know what other year rotors will fit a 2005 CRF450R?

Have you tried to straighten it? I've straightend several to within .010" run out using a large adjustable wrench and some patience.

I just recently got the EBC rear brake rotor. I couldn't believe how much better the braking was after I installed it. I also have the oversized front from EBC.

The new rear seems stronger, and resists grooving. I'd say it is worth the extra money, about $30 more than the cheaper Tusk option.

ben