Sign in to follow this  

06 YZ250F-Mods for more low to mid?

I need professional help. What is the best and easiest mod I can do to make more low to mid power? I was thinking fmf powerbomb header? Who has done what and how big a difference was it?

HMMRDWN

Megabomb header, not the powerbomb. And change the rear sprocket to 50T or more.

Back when I was looking for low to mid power on my '03 WR, the DR. D pipe was considered my many as perhaps the best pipe for this type of performance improvement. I bought it and it kicked my bike up a notch! So what's the deal now? Is Dr. D no longer competitive?

The power on the 01-05 was greatly affected by the Dr. D pipe, but since 2006 it hasn't show as drastic of improvements. White brothers and FMF put out the most gains it seems, I am running an FMF powerbomb and 4.1 and it works very well.

For bottom end, a pair of Stage 1 Hotcams go a very long way for their price. I bought a full set off of ebay for 200 US and I can easily attest that it was well worth the money. I also made a review post in this forum about it. The title was in capital letters, "HOTCAMS ARE AMAZING" if that headline doesn't give it away, I don't know what does.

Throw a hi comp piston in it.. The yzf's have less compression then the other bikes.. Not sure what yamaha was thinking . :applause: Yamaha is running 12:5:1, honda 12:9:1, suzuki 13:4:1.. Now you know why the other bikes feel stronger on the bottom... I'm putting a 14:1 in my 07.. :applause:

I would send your carb to ZipTy racing and have them perform their $100 racing carb modification, it is the best bang for $100. My 250F is heavily modified with a 262 kit, ported head, WEB cams with a WB head pipe and E2 muffler. The carb mod was the best mod of all the things I have done to my bike.

I need professional help. What is the best and easiest mod I can do to make more low to mid power? I was thinking fmf powerbomb header? Who has done what and how big a difference was it?

HMMRDWN

add 2 teeth to your rear sprocket.

I would send your carb to ZipTy racing and have them perform their $100 racing carb modification, it is the best bang for $100. My 250F is heavily modified with a 262 kit, ported head, WEB cams with a WB head pipe and E2 muffler. The carb mod was the best mod of all the things I have done to my bike.

Isnt that a "top end" mod?

HC piston and Stage 1 hotcams. That is waht i am currently running on my 06 along with a WB aluminum pro. BEfore the hotcams i was fine with 1 tooth more on the sprocket (am running a 49) but now i want to go back to the 48 and test again since my current package seems to make 2nd too low a gear in some corners.