Sign in to follow this  

Air Box Modification Video!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey everyone,

Here is a video of me cutting the holes in the side of my air box. I know many poeple argue whether this modification is worth it or not. I know I might not get a lot out of this mod, but i would have always wondered if I should do it; so I just got out the box cutter! Here is the link:

I want to say thanks to member JSV who really helped me with the particulars of this mod. I know I can cut holes in the outside cover as well and add a screen, but I would rather have the protection that I get from the cover. The cover has a good enough seal on the bottom and fromt that I think it will hold out everything i will put the bike through. I don't do many deep water crossings so if you do you may want to think about that before doing this mod.

If you like this video click on the right of the youtube screen where is says: "More from this user"

Thanks for watching and Let me know if you think I should keep making vids.

Jeremy

• Like 2

Hey everyone,

Here is a video of me cutting the holes in the side of my air box. I know many poeple argue whether this modification is worth it or not. I know I might not get a lot out of this mod, but i would have always wondered if I should do it; so I just got out the box cutter! Here is the link:

I want to say thanks to member JSV who really helped me with the particulars of this mod. I know I can cut holes in the outside cover as well and add a screen, but I would rather have the protection that I get from the cover. The cover has a good enough seal on the bottom and fromt that I think it will hold out everything i will put the bike through. I don't do many deep water crossings so if you do you may want to think about that before doing this mod.

If you like this video click on the right of the youtube screen where is says: "More from this user"

Thanks for watching and Let me know if you think I should keep making vids.

Jeremy

That was actually really really good and professional. Nice job. Before I thought it was just some holes drilled in the side. :)

You should keep making videos like this. All your videos should be put into a sticky so when we get some new bike owners all the basic mods will be right there in a video for them.

Once again another great video!:):ride:

Good video, but how much extra air do you think will pass through the screen and pantyhose? I'll bet you restricted the holes you cut by more than 50% of the surface area. :)

I know that by putting the screen and pantyhose over the hole I have reduced the effectiveness of this mod. That said, I wanted to do the mod; I don't want to take any chances with my motor, and I don't want to clean my filter everyday. So if you don't want to usee the mesh you shouldn't, I think you will be fine.

Nice job on the videos Jeremy! :)