Sign in to follow this  

Track in Monroe Twp being shut down.....

Well the other day i rode my bike to the local pit and i was bullshitting with one of the guys there and he tells me that the gate out front is locked and has some kind of sign on it.... I said whatever, ill check it out tommorow...

Now keep in mind that this track is about an acre in size, in a gully (all bankrun though), on one side is a soy bean field and the other is a bunch of woods.... This place has been here for 20 years, the local cops ride there, and its an all around great place...

So i swing around there today, see the gate has a chain on it that is cut and the gate is open... So i head into there to see whats up, and i find a park ranger in there. He starts telling me about what is going on and all.... Apparently the county bought the land (ALL of the main trails, tracks and even some soy bean fields) about a year ago and the are just getting around to it now because the are worried about lawsuits and shit like that, i understood,but i was still pissed... They plan on leveling the land out relatively soon... I plan on riding Untill they tear it down, i ride the trails through those woods and know them like the back of my hand, no problem running from Mr.park ranger....

I made some phone calls and i have yet spoken to the man i wanted to because he was in meetings all day,but before i can start petition i have to see if he thinks that the petition can change anything....

Any Advice?

FYI this track was in Monroe twp,NJ and this is just a heads up to those who know what I'm talking about and don't want to find out the hard way.....

New Jersey seems pretty hard on people riding.I would talk to Dale at AGP-sounds like he has been through alot with NJ and is an advocate on riding in NJ

We might start a petition depending on what the park director says and some other factors... Where can i get a contact # or something for Dale? Never herd of him, just curious....

We might start a petition depending on what the park director says and some other factors... Where can i get a contact # or something for Dale? Never herd of him, just curious....

He is the director of the AGP series http://www.atlanticgrandprix.com/

Go to the contact section on the AGP site and it will give a contact #. You can also go to an AGP thread here on Thumpertalk and I'm sure he will get back to you. Good luck with keeping it ridable.

thats gay, but i dont blame them. i used to live behind that track, everybody goes there and all these retards get hurt and ruin it for everyone else. im surprised its lasted as long as it did.

it doesn't help that it gets ruined by retards on quads and no one wants to grab a shovel and fix anything. the place is really dangerous when it gets torn up like that

It is really polluted with ******** on quads, drag racing up and down the strait away, most of them think the the woolen hat acts as a helmet...I've taken a shovel to the lips once or twice but someone needs to get a skid steer or something to move the woops.... They are close to 3 feet deep, very sloppy....

The thing that bugs me is it has been there for 20 years, with very little complaints..... All those soy bean fields have been bought by the county as well and are being turned into soccer fields.....