Cr125 or not?

Hi,

I'm lookin to get a Cr125, but I'm not sure about the height. I'm almost 5'4", I weigh like 100 lbs. And I am a pretty good rider. Im coming off of a Cr85 small wheel that is a bit too small, If I get a 125 I would lower it 1.5" and I hope that'll get me to where I want to be. Any thoughts? I dont want to get a expert or big wheel or a Kx100 as I would out grow those to quick.

Man go with a CR250. A 125 and a 250 are the same height but the 250 will last u way longer because in a few years you will want more power then the 125 has.

Izzy if that is true...then that means your cr 250 has something wrong with it...cr 250s are nasty...all 250s are nasty....take your engine apart and get it running right and I promise you that it will blow your balls off. ?

man a CR250 doesn't have enough power, im 14 i have a 2007 CR250 and it doesnt have quiet enough power, yet.
Yes, if you're lugging it... Twist that throttle. Or check the engine for air leaks or a powervalve issue.

Hi,

I'm lookin to get a Cr125, but I'm not sure about the height. I'm almost 5'4", I weigh like 100 lbs. And I am a pretty good rider. Im coming off of a Cr85 small wheel that is a bit too small, If I get a 125 I would lower it 1.5" and I hope that'll get me to where I want to be. Any thoughts? I dont want to get a expert or big wheel or a Kx100 as I would out grow those to quick.

It sounds as though you're probably ready for a CR125R. However, the seat height with the stock suspension set up will be an issue for you when starting the bike, or if you get yourself into a jam while riding on certain types of terrain(e.g. turning across a step hill at slow speed, etc.).

Stay away from a CR250R at your height, weight and age. When later model year 250cc two-stroke MX bikes are running properly they are beasts! I have a lot of riding experience, weigh 200 lbs., and my 2007 YZ250 still reminds me every single time that I ride it that it is a LOT of bike to contend with when it hits. You better be hanging on tight when you pin it! A properly tuned CR250R is no different; same for the RMs, KXs, etc.

Good luck with the CR125R if that's the route you choose. My youngest step son has a 2002 CR125R that I rode again last Friday afternoon for a few hours. They're a whole lot of fun. We jetted his down from a 400 main to a 380 and it now runs great without fouling plugs, spooging, sputtering and smoking excessively. He's very, very happy with the bike now.

Cheers!

Ron

Hi,

It sounds as though you're probably ready for a CR125R. However, the seat height with the stock suspension set up will be an issue for you when starting the bike, or if you get yourself into a jam while riding on certain types of terrain(e.g. turning across a step hill at slow speed, etc.).

Stay away from a CR250R at your height, weight and age. When later model year 250cc two-stroke MX bikes are running properly they are beasts! I have a lot of riding experience, weigh 200 lbs., and my 2007 YZ250 still reminds me every single time that I ride it that it is a LOT of bike to contend with when it hits. You better be hanging on tight when you pin it! A properly tuned CR250R is no different; same for the RMs, KXs, etc.

Good luck with the CR125R if that's the route you choose. My youngest step son has a 2002 CR125R that I rode again last Friday afternoon for a few hours. They're a whole lot of fun. We jetted his down from a 400 main to a 380 and it now runs great without fouling plugs, spooging, sputtering and smoking excessively. He's very, very happy with the bike now.

Cheers! ?

Ron

that really pis-makes me angry when all you older folk think that displacement is directely proportional to age and size. who do all yoos think you are telling us yungin's that our bikes are messed up because we say its not fast. we all have different opinions of "fast"... grow up.?