Sign in to follow this  

Cr125 or not?

that really pis-makes me angry when all you older folk think that displacement is directely proportional to age and size. who do all yoos think you are telling us yungin's that our bikes are messed up because we say its not fast. we all have different opinions of "fast"... grow up.:)

Hehehe. I never said (and I don't think) that displacment has to do with age/size but rather experience. But it's my opinion that a well tuned smoker 250 is really fast. I know for a fact that many pros can get everything out of one. But 99% of the people who ride them can only use all of their potencial for a very short period of time (and/or a flat straight away). So unless you are part of that really small percentage of riders (and if you're you should be racing with the pros) there is no way you ride your 250 to it's full potencial at a MX or SX track. Sorry but it's a fact.

On a track ya its fast, but for trial riding and ripping through feilds its not as fast as u guys think. Its a great bike, and u guys just think there so fast becasue i think oyur scared of the bike.

On a track ya its fast, but for trial riding and ripping through feilds its not as fast as u guys think. Its a great bike, and u guys just think there so fast becasue i think oyur scared of the bike.

Hey, I didn't mean to offend you nor anybody. The only reason I come to this forum is to exchange information (to help and to get help) about something I really like and enjoy. If the trAils you ride are fast enough for a cr250 to feel slow, you'd be better of with a wide ratio bike like a KTM 300/380 exc or something like that. And for "ripping through fields" you might as well get a Hyabusa or a ZX-12 and put some knobbies on it.

no way man, i know u didnt meen to offende anyone, but the bike is fine pretty much for everything, around here(up in canada), the 250 is a perfect bike for what ever you want to do. i think the guy should get a 2007 CR250, there easier to ride then the old ones, ive rode lots of 2strokes and this is the best so far, the 07 is easy to start, and its the same height as a 125 and he wont get tired of not having enough power. if he gets a 125 he'll push it too hard.

that really pis-makes me angry when all you older folk think that displacement is directely proportional to age and size. who do all yoos think you are telling us yungin's that our bikes are messed up because we say its not fast. we all have different opinions of "fast"... grow up.:)

Exactly.There can be a 10 y/o that is 6 foot tall or a 15 y/o that is 5 feet tall.It doesnt matter the age but what matters is the experience and height and weight.Also to be exact a cr250 has a lower seat height than the cr125:prof:

Exactly.There can be a 10 y/o that is 6 foot tall or a 15 y/o that is 5 feet tall.It doesnt matter the age but what matters is the experience and height and weight.Also to be exact a cr250 has a lower seat height than the cr125:prof:

I agree, and he gave us that info and got some feedback accordingly.

no way man, i know u didnt meen to offende anyone, but the bike is fine pretty much for everything, around here(up in canada), the 250 is a perfect bike for what ever you want to do. i think the guy should get a 2007 CR250, there easier to ride then the old ones, ive rode lots of 2strokes and this is the best so far, the 07 is easy to start, and its the same height as a 125 and he wont get tired of not having enough power. if he gets a 125 he'll push it too hard.
I didn't know here in canada was so different then the rest of the world. :) Saskatchewan IS pretty flat thought.

well its not that differnet all these guys talk about is ridin on the tracks theres more then just tracks to ride

well its not that differnet all these guys talk about is ridin on the tracks theres more then just tracks to ride
I agree, but what is important here is defining Roostin_Honda needs. So we can say what bike will suit him best.

true true. i still think a 07 CR250 will be fine for him, there not as snappy as older models. i have one i got it like a few months ago im 14 and it suite s me fine.

Hey guys, the original poster (Roosting Honda) asked a very specific question. All he wanted to know was if he would fit on a cr125. He never posted again after he got that answer! There is no point to our discussion since he never thought of getting a 250. And Izzy, I see your point of a cr250being easy to ride and versatile. I also find it a very rider friendly bike and you don't have to be above 8000 RPM to make decent power, unlike the 125. But I guess that's not what Roosting Honda wants...

ok, ya ur right and where kinda off topic. plus realy its all up to him, whatever he wants, he can get. if he can afford it.

Hey guys, the original poster (Roosting Honda) asked a very specific question. All he wanted to know was if he would fit on a cr125. He never posted again after he got that answer! There is no point to our discussion since he never thought of getting a 250. And Izzy, I see your point of a cr250being easy to ride and versatile. I also find it a very rider friendly bike and you don't have to be above 8000 RPM to make decent power, unlike the 125. But I guess that's not what Roosting Honda wants...
Hey, this IS thumpertalk, whatever (intelligent) discussion is good discussion. :)