Bubba's bike broke...

Does anyone out there know what broke on Bubba's bike? Starting the 2nd moto you could see the rear shock was not working at all...I was like it lost all the nitrogen in the rear shock...You could see the valving come and go at different parts of the rear wheel travel...Bubba starting wheeling everything instead of driving though the small whoops...You could see him trying to control the bike with his body because it was everywhere...

Maybe something else was wrong and I was just focusing to much on that ill handling bike...Let hear from someone in the know...

Does anyone out there know what broke on Bubba's bike? Starting the 2nd moto you could see the rear shock was not working at all...I was like it lost all the nitrogen in the rear shock...You could see the valving come and go at different parts of the rear wheel travel...Bubba starting wheeling everything instead of driving though the small whoops...You could see him trying to control the bike with his body because it was everywhere...

Maybe something else was wrong and I was just focusing to much on that ill handling bike...Let hear from someone in the know...

OR....he could just have a hard time controlling the bike, as he so often seems to....I have watched him crash many times....

Yeah, stewart has trouble controlling the bike... right. That seems a little off.

I don't think his bike broke, he just bobbled a couple turns before the oak tree and spun around leaving him facing the wrong direct and it took him a while to turn around. That was the race right there. I think maybe he went down or bobbled again later, to drop further back towards the end.

I will give you this though, the lap traffic was... suspicious. For instance, if you look at the lap chart on the AMA site you'll see the lappers between them went something like 1,2,3,4,5,6,7! By lap 13 Carmichael had gotten around 7 seven lappers that Bubba couldn't? After winning top pick and winning moto 1? - he defininately must have been having some kind of problem. If Carmicheal had THAT much extra speed, he would have used it in moto 1 to get away. He had about 8 laps to do it, but couldn't.

It may have been a little team effort thing there, but Carmichael still probably had the second moto wrapped up anyway. Hate to be the one to say it, but you could hear a pin drop after moto 1, and the expressions on faces of the fans was telling.

I was there. Walking throught the crowd, from the south to the north end after moto 1, listening to the comments... it got pretty ugly.

I will give you this though, the lap traffic was... suspicious. For instance, if you look at the lap chart on the AMA site you'll see the lappers between them went something like 1,2,3,4,5,6,7! By lap 13 Carmichael had gotten around 7 seven lappers that Bubba couldn't? After winning top pick and winning moto 1? - he defininately must have been having some kind of problem. If Carmicheal had THAT much extra speed, he would have used it in moto 1 to get away. He had about 8 laps to do it, but couldn't.

I'm not fully understanding what your saying, could you clarify.?

Yeah, stewart has trouble controlling the bike... right. That seems a little off.

I don't think his bike broke, he just bobbled a couple turns before the oak tree and spun around leaving him facing the wrong direct and it took him a while to turn around. That was the race right there. I think maybe he went down or bobbled again later, to drop further back towards the end.

It may have been a little team effort thing there, but Carmichael still probably had the second moto wrapped up anyway. Hate to be the one to say it, but you could hear a pin drop after moto 1, and the expressions on faces of the fans was telling.

I was there. Walking throught the crowd, from the south to the north end after moto 1, listening to the comments... it got pretty ugly.

i think rc did use that speed in moto 1. if i was listening to the same race that you were rc 1) crashed 2) came up very short on the uphill double and almost lost it 3) had a major bobble in one of the corners with about 3 laps to go. yet he was still right on bubbas back tire at the checkered flag. i think rc had the speed he just made too many mistakes in the first moto. if he would not have made those major mistakes, boobie would have never been within striking range, he did though, so he lost.

2nd moto, boobies spun around and made a few mistakes(much like rc in the first moto), but the difference was he didnt have the speed or mental toughness to be challenging for the lead after those mistakes.

my .02, isnt worth a whole lot.......so flame away boobie lovers:thumbsup:

I was hoping something was wrong with the bike because James rode so poorly I was hoping he wasn't just cruising to a 2nd overall...I'm afraid James will ride this year just for the title....

Of course he is going to race for the title - what else is there? I know what you're saying "ricky isn't going to be there to push him" but still JS has the game to beat everyone - 1 --- RC!!!

Here's to hoping Millsaps can challenge Boobie by the end of the season!!!

stewart crashed in moto 1 too, turn three, after grabbing the wholeshot he wiped out in turn three, off the track at the bottom of the hill. Lost about 5 spots. came back and caught ricky. what race were YOU watching?

If RC this, if RC that. Question?.... what was it that forced RC to make so many mistakes in first place for the first moto?

agreed, each time he started to pull away after a bobble it sounded like his mistakes were made because he was pushing so hard. boobie is fast, fast enough to push rc into some mistakes, just not fast enough to beat him for an outdoor title...?

stewart crashed in moto 1 too, turn three, after grabbing the wholeshot he wiped out in turn three, off the track at the bottom of the hill. Lost about 5 spots. came back and caught ricky. what race were YOU watching?

i wasnt actually watching it at all. i was listening to it on the webcast. they made it sound like boobies just went off the track and lost a few spots, not that he actually crashed and went down:excuseme:

Bubba definitely did NOT crash here in moto 1. I was sitting about thirty feet away from the whole thing.

Bubba was pushed over the edge of a soft berm, went slightly off the track, and lost about five positions before rocketing up the hill.

It was a decent save, but not nearly as good as the one RC made a few laps later in the same corner while leading. He took the inside line, which was much rougher, and made a miraculous save after doing a big flying W.

I was sitting right by the oak tree. On almost every lap both RC and JS were taking the inside rut, which was hacked up pretty bad. At one point RC almost lost the bike there. My honest observations were this:

During Heat 1, RC lead almost the entire race. Both of them were riding hard. You could just tell RC was concentrating on not screwing up, but JS was JS and in my opinion was playing to the crowd a little bit. I enjoyed it, but he almost lost the first race as a result. In particular, I thought the huge whip he intentionally threw over the step up slowed him down a few bike lengths. Had he not done this, he probably would have been a bit further ahead at the very end. I am all about RC, but JS rode a great race. RC is extremely fast and will repeat each pass the same time every time. JS looked like he was riding further out of his envelope of safety than RC. He is FAST, but he is no RC yet and seemed a bit too playful and careless at points.

To JS's favor, I thought the crowd playing and whip was fun, but it also indicated he was an exceptionally fast rider. RC appears to be a much more methodical and planned rider but JS doesn't give me that impression.

Result=RC won again.

In the end, they both looked great.

Here's hoping RC decides to finish out the series and go out on top.

That would really throw a wrench into Bubba's plans to wait him out.

?

AGREED!!! that would be aweosme to see. it would be bad for bubbas health though. i think bubba will be riding nice and loose knowing that the championship is his, if rc would decide to stay....it might cause him to realize he has to actually win the championship and start playing dirt dart again riding over his head:excuseme:

Eh, give him a break.

He doesn't realy strike me as a showboat. He strikes me as a guy who really, really LOVES to ride, and just likes to whip it whenever he feels good about the way he's riding. I hope I'm right, 'cause I can relate to that.

A few cheers and a few jeers, but I thought JS went out and ran everything he had anyway. Watching RC win by a half lap is boring, but seeing those two dice for the lead is magic.

Everyone knows if you want to run the RC pace, you have to put it all on table. And in my opinion, JS the only one DOING that right now. Risking it all. Riding above his comfort level. Sometimes it pays off, sometimes it punishes, but at least JS will take the risks so I guess I like that.

I know RC is a robot - smooth, fast, close to perfect every time - a true champion, but I also know watching him check out on the 2nd lap is not worth 35 bucks.

but I also know watching him check out on the 2nd lap is not worth 35 bucks.

I like that, its funny and true. These guy's have both said they are pushing it as far as they can and the good thing is we all get to watch the result of their determination to win. Neither looks like they are going out without a fight so in my book they are both class acts.? When RC beats James straight up moto after moto or James does the same then that will show who is the fastest rider. Until then either one of these boys can win on any given day so that tells me its all about who can ride with the least amount of mistakes. Also, some people should show a little more respect to the guys for hanging it all out rather than bad mouthing one or giving excuses for the other. If the argument is who is faster these up coming races will tell us that. If its about who is able to win the championship, Rc and James have been racing each other for two complete seasons and all those championship trophies are in one house.:ride: