Sign in to follow this  

What’s a better vehicle Chevy or Toyota?

Whats your pick?  

282 members have voted

1. 1. Whats your pick?

• Chevy
    • Toyota

Considering most GM parts are far cheaper than toyota parts... I'd say my brand wins in that department too. :)

Once again, you don't get it. :ride: The difference I was referring to is how many parts you have to buy from 0 miles to 200K miles between the 2 brands. Who cares what the prices are?

• Like 1

Once again, you don't get it. :) The difference I was referring to is how many parts you have to buy from 0 miles to 200K miles between the 2 brands. Who cares what the prices are?

Who cares what the parts cost? Probably the poor slob paying for them.

I try to pitch in wherever I can. We've owned pretty much every American brand and have never had the problems everyone talks about.:) I know a lot of people that have had problems with toyotas though.:ride:

Wow, at 15 yrs of age, thats pretty good. Are you just saving all your lunch money for new rigs instead of eating lunch? :bonk::D I have actually purchases 6 brand new Toyotas, (had plenty of used ones too) never even a check engine light. But I do take good care of anything I own. I have a 88 GMC C3500 dually. Its been pretty good. But I have spent a bunch of $$$ getting it to "my strict" standards. But most was just from neglect from a prior owner. It has 178K and there isnt a single leak anywhere underneath it. I've owned plenty of Fords, Mopigs etc. The Toyotas have been the most reliable, hands down.

Considering most GM parts are far cheaper than toyota parts... I'd say my brand wins in that department too. :)

Ah, I dont quite know about that. Manifolds for my dually, my employee cost, $210, I can get a Toyota manifold for that price and under. (ended up getting chinese knock off for $28 each and they fit like a glove) New wiper motor for my dually, with "pulse module", $135, I'd pay that much for a Toyota unit. Now I suppose aftermarket parts are more plentiful and I'm sure I could save there, but OE vs OE, its pretty close dude!

I wonder why there is no Ford Cowboy or nissan tech in here. Maybe those two guys are outside working on there vehicles. :)

You speak the truth, :ride:

Aw, who cares who makes the best truck. I have an '07 Toyota Tundra and it's a great truck, but I reckon the new Chevy's are damn good trucks too. I've been drivin' yota's for 20 years so I went with a new Tundra, but the new GM trucks look damn good too. It's an endless argument, like who makes the best bike. Hell, they're all good - just get the one that you like the best and you get the best deal on. Just my opinion. Regards, TI

I remember when lines were drawn between chevy and ford. Those were some heated debates.

Times have changed...

I remember when lines were drawn between chevy and ford. Those were some heated debates.

Times have changed...

Well, I never thought I'd be an employee of a dealership for the largest automaker on the planet when I started working their years ago. Nor did I think I'd see a full sized truck like the current Tundra either. :)

ok, I have to say it again...the new toyota tundra is the ugliest thing ever made by anyone, its uglier than a 1988 lebaron

Ive had both brands. Dads 4.3L silverado ate a valve at 68000. ITs also had random quirks in it the whole time. I use to have a 4x4 blazer and the pitman arm broke wheelin in a very easy area. Ive abused my toyota like no other and it runs strong, Im sticking to yotas.

Well in 96 i got my first yota. 93 xtra cab truck with 60K on it at 88K lost the engine. Then went to a 94 1500 GMC, lost the tranny 6 months later. Both of those I chalk up to bad luck. Since then I haven't owned a toyota or a GM car or truck. The funny thing is Ive had 2 Isuzu rodeo's that have both gone over 250K with nothing but oil, filters, and altenators.

I think buying any new 07 GM or Toy is a win win situation.

Times have changed...

Yeah, now its Toyota vs. Ford/GM/Dodge

Isuzu=General Motors

shhh, don't give away all the secrets. You'd be amazed at the number of folks driving isuzu pickups or suv's swearing by the reliability... and haveing no idea its a chevy :)

perception of quality is a funny thing. Take the Geo prism for example... widely proclaimed the most unrelabile car of all time, biggest peice of crap you'd ever drive etc etc. Under the Geo emblems, the car was a rebadged toyota corolla... which is extremely high rated in reliability and quality. Exact same car except for the badges.

Same goes for the pontiac Vibe/Toyota Matrix... GM car, toyota drivetrain. The vibe sells for less and gets worse reviews than the matrix thats built by the same people with the same parts in the same plant.

Hey my bros gf has a Prism. That thing is a tank. Gets good gas mileage and gets us where we need to go. The only downside is, if you have more then 3 people in the car. Going up hills gets a little hairy.

...Under the Geo emblems, the car was a rebadged toyota corolla... which is extremely high rated in reliability and quality. Exact same car except for the badges.

Same goes for the pontiac Vibe/Toyota Matrix... GM car, toyota drivetrain.

Not quite, its actually a Toyota car with a GM badge. The Vibe was made by Toyota, so was the Prism. (NUMMI for the Corolla/Prism, and I suspect the Matirx/Vibe came from Ontario Canada)

Same goes for the Pontiac Vibe/Toyota Matrix... GM car, Toyota drivetrain. The vibe sells for less and gets worse reviews than the matrix thats built by the same people with the same parts in the same plant.

Where? All the reviews I have read have been the same for both cars. The article or review will usually even state they are the same car.

GM has been overall a lot better in recent years. Pontiac is still causing the average to fall though. Toyota has very few cars that pull down the average. If GM starts dumping or fixing their issues with certain models they will have some of the best reliability in the business. This is in sharp contrast to just about two or three years ago.

This is NOT my opinion, it's from consumer reports. The little book is for sale at any bookstore for about $10 (?) if you don't believe me. They really seem to give everything a fair shake. They even bashed Toyota for the Yaris, but at the same time bashed GM for the Aveo.

Perception has been reality for the past decade or two, so don't blame people for their distrust when you tell them the stove isn't hot; the last time you said that, it was and they got burned. That said, I hope GM keeps improving. Toyota's quality has not been hurt that much, despite recent recalls. From observation, at least they issue recalls before things catch fire. This hasn't been the big three's procedure, as they seem to wait for lawsuits.

+1 for the Isuzu by the way. My parents drive one and I am impressed by it's reliability.