Sign in to follow this  

What’s a better vehicle Chevy or Toyota?

Whats your pick?  

282 members have voted

1. 1. Whats your pick?

• Chevy
    • Toyota

This poll is for toyota mdt tech and Chevy Cowboy. Both of these guys are very brand loyal so I want to know what you guys, the rest of TT, think. Which company makes a better product Chevy or Toyota? I am not asking which would you rather drive, which one hauls more, which one is a better deal or which one has better resale value. I just want to know which one makes a higher quality product in your mind Chevy or Toyota?

I am not asking which vehicle will last the longest I am asking which vehicle is built the best overall. Take all of this in consideration, drive train, fit and finish, interior materials, and many other things that define quality.

• Like 1

I used to be fanatically brand loyal to GM and even Ford like some here, but after wrenching for a few years in an independent shop you tend to figure out what lasts. I know GM and Ford trucks inside and out. It's because of all the window gear kits, springlocks, melted head light switch connectors, alternator connectors, KH ABS units, door handles, belt tensioners,CFI spiders, EGR position sensors, EGR valves stuck open from carbon, etc. They all have their quirks; some have more than others. When you start seeing the same "quirk" over and over, maybe it's not just a random failure.

Still it's "to each his own" IMHO. It's your money.

I've had both. For those of us who've owned a Chevy truck and a Toyota truck, the choice is clear. The Toyota is better built, the body lines match perfectly the doors shut easily and securely and they are worth $2-4,000 more dollars on trade in.

Pulling: I pull a 12x7 enclosed trailer 90% of the time. My Chevy went thru a transmission from doing so, my Tundra pulls like a champ.

Reliability: My Chevy had a check engine light on before I made it home from the dealership. My Tundra has only been back to the dealer for the ball joint recall. The recall wasn't a big deal, they let me rip around town with a new Tundra while the work was being performed. BTW, I love the Crew Max, but since we bought a new car for my wife last year (06 Solara), its not in the cards for me to buy a new truck this year.

Price: Yes the Toyota costs more, but its easily justified by the quality of the product. Its worth more on the showroom floor and its worth more the day you trade it in. I had to give my Chevy away...

My 2 cents...

while the toy is the only one in the poll that is american made...

I would still go wit da chebby

I am a fan of the duramax and since there currently isn't a toy diesel in the line-up I don't consider them. I will not own a gas truck only diesel. I have heard that they are in talks with CAT about a diesel:applause: would be sweet)

although I am about to trade my ford in on a dodge

For towing a lot of depends on the package you get.

My vote is for a chevy, its still pretty darn close to american made (better than the ford more foriegn then either and in my opinion based on experiences not so reliable)

• Like 1

This poll is for toyota mdt tech and Chevy Cowboy. Both of these guys are very brand loyal so I want to know what you guys, the rest of TT, think. Which company makes a better product Chevy or Toyota? I am not asking which would you rather drive, which one hauls more, which one is a better deal or which one has better resale value. I just want to know which one makes a higher quality product in your mind Chevy or Toyota?

I am not asking which vehicle will last the longest I am asking which vehicle is built the best overall. Take all of this in consideration, drive train, fit and finish, interior materials, and many other things that define quality..

Well, I'm fond of Toyotas, but Chevrolets (GM for that matter) are a real close second in my book. But I dont let Chevy Cowboy know this, otherwise, it would be no fun ribbing him anymore!:)

The older toyota's were built very well, now it seems that they're relying on their reputation. The new chevys though are the best pick-ups that chevy has ever made.

• Like 1

My dad sells Chevrolets, so I am in and around them all the time. I also see a lot of the old beat up trucks that he takes in on trade. Just today actually he took in an older K3500 flatbed dually with the 6.5 diesel. 230,000 miles on it. Still running strong. I'm a chevy man, and I always will be.

Chevy any day of the week. Or for that matter any of the american companies. It's all good.:) Except toyota.:ride:

Well this thread really pulled the chevy owners out of the woodwork :)

Now I gotta ask.... where the hell are you guys when the 3 or 4 toyota fans are bashing our chevys? Sure feels like me and witdogg are all by ourselves sometimes. Next time one of these brainwashed toyota guys stands up and says that only jap vehicles can run past 200,000 miles, speak up and tell em how wrong they are :ride:

I'm surprised at how well Toyota is doing on a forum like this.

^^^^ You should at least be old enough to drive to participate in this thread. :)

Next time one of these brainwashed toyota guys stands up and says that only jap vehicles can run past 200,000 miles, speak up and tell em how wrong they are :)

Hey I had a Ranger with over 200K on the odometer.

Its possible for any vehicle to run over 200K, but the difference is how much money does it take to keep them running that long?...........This is where the Toyota's shine. :ride:

The small voice crying out in the wilderness, "Dodge is #1 of course".

Hey I had a Ranger with over 200K on the odometer.

Its possible for any vehicle to run over 200K, but the difference is how much money does it take to keep them running that long?...........This is where the Toyota's shine. :)

Considering most GM parts are far cheaper than toyota parts... I'd say my brand wins in that department too. :ride:

• Like 1

When it comes to American vehicles I like GM and nothing else and when it comes to Japanese vehicles I like Toyotas hand down. I think both of these companies make a quality product.

I choose these two to vote between because of toyota mdt tech and Chevy Cowboy. Both of you guys frequent this forum often so I thought this would be interesting to see how it pans out.

I wonder why there is no Ford Cowboy or nissan tech in here. Maybe those two guys are outside working on there vehicles. :)

• Like 1