Don't throw your used tire away

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a great idea for a used knobby. So I took my used rear tire and spray painted it black then put two bolts in it hooked up a chain and put a cork board inside and now it is a bulletin board in my son's room and looks sweet and only cost 7 bucks. Maybe I'll post a pic later. I also thought you could find a clock kit and make an awesome clock for your garage. Maybe I'll get a little 50 tire and make a picture frame for my kid's dirt bike themed room.

I finally got the pictures but they are from my crappy camera phone

tire1.jpg

tire2.jpg

Very nice. ? Here is the mirror above my sink in my garage bathroom. I made it myself also.

IMG_1894.jpg

Is there an easy way to cut a tire in half? Not so you have two C shaped pieces, but two O's . That way you could make a mirror and a cork board from one tire. It wouldn't stick out as from from the wall either.

Maybe a hack saw... It would take a while, but I guess it would be possible. Any better ideas?

Is there an easy way to cut a tire in half? Not so you have two C shaped pieces, but two O's . That way you could make a mirror and a cork board from one tire. It wouldn't stick out as from from the wall either.

Maybe a hack saw... It would take a while, but I guess it would be possible. Any better ideas?

sawzall will eat through that tire like butter. Just clamp it down and go.

Wow all very cool ideas guys!

How did you secure the mirror in the tire? Must be sketchy stretching the rubber around the mirror without breaking it!

The tire is not stretched around it. I had a glass shop cut the mirror for me and it sits right on top of the bead. On the back side I used glue (E 6000) around the entire edge to hold the two together.

hooked up a chain

What's with that girly chain? Get a real chain on there! Use a 520 and if he rides off road use an O-ring. :bonk:

:ride: Good job.

Now cut a 3/4" piece of plywood in a circle, Formica the top, put it inside another tire, add 4 legs and make him a table to match the cork board . ?

Thats a very good idea, but how would you draw it on?

You could just attach a real dartboard. They're 18" diameter, any plywood or MDF cut to a larger diameter could be used as a backer board for securing to the tire.