Sign in to follow this  

Don't throw your used tire away

I had a great idea for a used knobby. So I took my used rear tire and spray painted it black then put two bolts in it hooked up a chain and put a cork board inside and now it is a bulletin board in my son's room and looks sweet and only cost 7 bucks. Maybe I'll post a pic later. I also thought you could find a clock kit and make an awesome clock for your garage. Maybe I'll get a little 50 tire and make a picture frame for my kid's dirt bike themed room.

I finally got the pictures but they are from my crappy camera phone

tire1.jpg

tire2.jpg

Nice corkboard idea. You shouldnt have said anything. I think I will start making some and selling them. :) Just kidding, Im too lazy to even make myself one. The tire clock is cool idea too. I saw a guy who makes them out of 50 tires, and puts a neon clock inside, and in the clock is a picture of you, or your child, which ever, but they are cool as heck.

I made a wall clock out of an unused tire(like two years ago) :)

can i get a hot pink one over here? :)

Cute!!!!!!!!!!! ^^^^^^

I see a $ maker for someone. :ride:

I wrap one in Christmas tree lights and hang it on the front door during the holidays

I wrap one in Christmas tree lights and hang it on the front door during the holidays

Same here.

I also wrap one in lights and hang it on the grille of my car.:)

My buddy gave me one as a wreath too, he spray painted it green and then stapled beer bottle tops on it and added the lights

Thats a cool idea.

maybe if u made concentric circles, u can stencil them with spraypaint on the cork and have a dart board! that would be cool. good idea, though.