Sign in to follow this  

southern cali riders husky monument

hello fellow TTers, iam home sick today so i thought i would share about last weekends riding trip. we went to our usual/favorite place, cuddeback dry lake, which is about 15-20 miles from randsburg. cal city is a little farther but still in the general area. so anyway we went on several rides, but the husky monument ride had the center of attention for the weekend.

apperantly someone had passed away recently, who rides, and the family and freinds were spreading ashes around the monument last weekend. also, the husky has been somewhat restored, yes, because of what i just said above, people came out and put on NEW FENDERS, GAS TANK, AND SEAT! yes it looks great!

so this is the route we take:

cuddebacktohuskymnmt.jpg

and here are some pictures of the husky. I HAVE 59 PHOTOS ALL TOGETHER, INCLUDING THESE THAT IAM POSTING. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE MORE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I HAVE MANY PHOTOS OF INDIVIDUAL MONUMENTS AROUND THE HUSKY ALSO. DONT BE SHY, LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE INTERESTED.

here it is...and that is our helmet on the handlebar...

drylake5-20-07031.jpg

here are some new ones since i was last at the husky monument:

drylake5-20-07032.jpg

drylake5-20-07035.jpg

drylake5-20-07034.jpg

drylake5-20-07033.jpg

drylake5-20-07036.jpg

drylake5-20-07038.jpg

drylake5-20-07039.jpg

drylake5-20-07061.jpg

here are some more of the husky itself:

drylake5-20-07080.jpg

drylake5-20-07060.jpg

drylake5-20-07053.jpg

drylake5-20-07051.jpg

drylake5-20-07043.jpg

drylake5-20-07045.jpg

drylake5-20-07047.jpg

here are some misc photos:

drylake5-20-07052.jpg

drylake5-20-07070.jpg

this is a great picture, i was happy to see this....just the sticker itself

drylake5-20-07072.jpg

i hope you enjoyed!! have a great day!

-brian

Wow... that Husky has been fixed up since I went there last August .. new tank (the old one was full of bullet holes).

yep it looks great. i was suprised at how many new single monuments were there. iam very happy to see all this progressing.

Wow I think we drove right by your camp this weekend in search of the monument. =) By looking at your map we were close. We got to about the the big tree then turned around. 55 miles + w/o a desert tank was a little unnerving. I guess theres next time.

-fu

WOW i ride out there all the time i have never seen that. what a great tribute

for fallen riders. i hope to see it on my next ride! how far for gallialo(sp) hill?

I have a feeling that the place is about to become a victim of it's own success. As far as I know this is on BLM land and there are not permits to allow it. As it grows and becomes more known, pressures are bound to be applied to the BLM to remove it.

Many years ago when it was only Jim Ericson's Husky, virtaully no one knew of it. Most BLM rangers had no knowledge of it's presence.

for fallen riders. i hope to see it on my next ride! how far for gallialo(sp) hill?

i have no clue where gallialo hill is...i might have been there, but didnt know it had a name, i have been riding out there since i was like 8, iam now 17, going to 18 in the 15 of june. my dad has been riding out there since he was my age, and hes is now 51. we know the place pretty well. maybe a picture or a description might help. you could even go on google map/earth and look it up, and then tell me about where it is.

:)

I have a feeling that the place is about to become a victim of it's own success. As far as I know this is on BLM land and there are not permits to allow it. As it grows and becomes more known, pressures are bound to be applied to the BLM to remove it.

Many years ago when it was only Jim Ericson's Husky, virtaully no one knew of it. Most BLM rangers had no knowledge of it's presence.

LETS HOPE NOT!! that angers me just thinking about it, but its true, you have a good point. like i said, lets hope they dont.

It's 35 to 40 miles away. It is on the other side of the 395.

Wow I think we drove right by your camp this weekend in search of the monument. =) By looking at your map we were close. We got to about the the big tree then turned around. 55 miles + w/o a desert tank was a little unnerving. I guess theres next time.

-fu

really?? we had some people come up and ask about it, one guy on a black quad, (he asked mainly about 2 trucks coming in, we told him where they went) another in a truck with a bike in the back (i took him half way to the husky, me on my bike, him following) and another on a ktm.

here is a map i quickly put together:

cuddebackcampcopy.jpg

we had many riders coming in on the blue line, but not many on the red line. we come in the red line. the 2 trucks the guy on the quad was asking about came in on the red line. btw, our camp site is the green dot.

here is the same map, just zoomed out a bit.

cuddebackroadscopy.jpg

i have no clue where gallialo hill is...i might have been there, but didnt know it had a name, i have been riding out there since i was like 8, iam now 17, going to 18 in the 15 of june. my dad has been riding out there since he was my age, and hes is now 51. we know the place pretty well. maybe a picture or a description might help. you could even go on google map/earth and look it up, and then tell me about where it is.

:)

its past cadillac road on the right side big hill with paved road and lots on antennas and an old building on top

no i dont know about that. i think someone said they knew where it was. i think it was cleonard. he said it was 35 to 40 miles away.

really?? we had some people come up and ask about it, one guy on a black quad, (he asked mainly about 2 trucks coming in, we told him where they went) another in a truck with a bike in the back (i took him half way to the husky, me on my bike, him following) and another on a ktm.

here is a map i quickly put together:

we had many riders coming in on the blue line, but not many on the red line. we come in the red line. the 2 trucks the guy on the quad was asking about came in on the red line. btw, our camp site is the green dot.

here is the same map, just zoomed out a bit.

Yup we camp on the other side of the 395, by the hills just pas the 2nd silver saddle sign. So we came in on the red road. 2 girls riding yami qauds, 2 more wr's then me on my red\black crf :) small world.

I think they re-did the Husky about 3-4 weeks ago maybe longer. Great pics. Thanks

About 9 miles from Galileo Hill to 395 on 20 Mule Team and about 19 miles from 395 to the monument.